20231001_161958.jpg

Ducato 3.0 Maxi H3 L4

Introduction

Recently purchased 2008 3.0 Maxi to convert into an off grid campervan.
Reactions: Reg 65 and Parkhave
I see you are installing a swivel seat. I was told by a store that it won't turn in combination with the bench. Does it? Or are you planning to replace the bench?
Btw awesome work on the outside. What a nice coat of paint for an older vehicle. Mine sat outside for a long time and lost most of the clear coat. I might tackle it with a polishing machine in the spring.
Thank you, yes the colour/condition combined with it being the 3.0 sold it to me. I was after a face-lift one, but very happy with it now I've got it looking good. Still needs a polish, but it looks OK for now. As for the seat, I've got a matching passenger one to go in. You are correct, the swivel doesn't work with the bench in place.

Thanks for the pics
How did you manage to revive the plastic trim on the outside?
What will you use for insulation on the inside?
I used this
and know it works because condensation was dripping down like rain before I stuck it on the roof, but one layer of thermoliner stopped it completely.
You can also get thermoliner like stuff off ebay - the sort without the silver foil is cheaper. But I found another layer wouldn't stick to it properly, wheras with the silver foil covered type you could stick another layer over it.

Thanks for the pics
I used this
and know it works because condensation was dripping down like rain before I stuck it on the roof, but one layer of thermoliner stopped it completely.
You can also get thermoliner like stuff off ebay - the sort without the silver foil is cheaper. But I found another layer wouldn't stick to it properly, wheras with the silver foil covered type you could stick another layer

Thanks for the pics
I used this
You can also get thermoliner like stuff off ebay - the sort without the silver foil is cheaper. But I found another layer wouldn't stick to it properly, wheras with the silver foil covered type you could stick another layer over it.
I used Wurth black plastic dye, not cheap but it seems to do the job. Time will tell if it stays that way. A lot easier than removing each piece of trim and spraying it!
I've not made a final decision on the insulation yet, I've got a layer of closed cell insulation to go on next.

I used Wurth black plastic dye, not cheap but it seems to do the job. Time will tell if it stays that way. A lot easier than removing each piece of trim and spraying it!
I've not made a final decision on the insulation yet, I've got a layer of closed cell insulation to go on next.
I've just realised that's two in one and I've already got the insulation! Looks good though.

I used Wurth black plastic dye, not cheap but it seems to do the job. Time will tell if it stays that way.
I've never found a way that has, apart from spraying the panels - and you can't seem to get them off without breaking the clips - at least.
I did mine with a 3kw hot air gun with a flat nozzle - the type they use for welding plastic tarpaulins.
Looked like new at first, but didn't last very long, and the more times you do it the less the benefit each time.
(Just concentrate the heat on the surface till the surface melts then move along before it distorts the panel. Its easier than it sounds because the colour changes as soon as the surface melts)

A S supplies for your go to for interior lining , American made materiel way better than the average stretch stuff made in the far east .
Depends how much time you want to spend on it.
I just wanted to get it done so I could start my holidays
So I just stuck on a layer of Thermoliner - job done.

Back