Technical 20v coop drilling air box

Currently reading:
Technical 20v coop drilling air box

chris1956

right guys seen the reference to drilling the airbox before
1 what does it achieve?
2 will it make the car sound better ie does it create inlet noise?
3 any pics on the best places to drill
might sound a bit dumb but love the car but it never sounds as good as it goes
and i dont want to fit a rabbit hole exhaust alla scooby chav type

1 what does it achieve?

I have no Coup experience but I would suggest a decent cold air induction kit instead of the standard airbox drilling, gives some bhp gains too (y)

1 what does it achieve?

1. allows more air to go into the air box - better for the casr to breath.
2.yes the noise increases a little bit, you notice a little extra roar.
3.best place is under the air bob, make it nice and neat, i used a 8mm drill bit and spaced them just a few mm away from each other and done it in lines, each line was 1cm apart.

please dont fit a chavvy exhaust.

dont ruine a great looking car buy ugly exhaust pipe. If you want a nice roar, do the air box, or use a KnN cone, get a nice back box simalr size and straight cut tip on it, that will do the trick to sound, or if you can drive to bedford get StS to hand makeyou the system, sounds a treat, and if you let me know i can get you a little discount on it!
Marco

thanks mate
by the air bob do you mean the inlet trumpet or am i wrong again?
bout how many holes have you made?
no way was i thinking of going chav difficult to ruin a great car
but that would certainly have a go........ probably end up with a nova geting stuck up my tail pipe if i breaked to hard cos these guys really think that a 1.0 with an exhaust worth probably 3 times what they would get for the car is faster than my ol fiat

I have no Coup experience but I would suggest a decent cold air induction kit instead of the standard airbox drilling, gives some bhp gains too (y)
Have you seen where the airbox is on a Coupe? It's in the perfect position already - loads of cold air. I wouldn't bother drilling the airbox - it doesn't get you any gains, as the standard airbox has a relatively large inlet on the front.
If you want to fit a new exhaust, I'd recommend a Milltek - designed in conjunction with a FCCUK member, weighs far less than the normal system, and sounds good too.

Have you seen where the airbox is on a Coupe? It's in the perfect position already - loads of cold air. I wouldn't bother drilling the airbox - it doesn't get you any gains, as the standard airbox has a relatively large inlet on the front.
If you want to fit a new exhaust, I'd recommend a Milltek - designed in conjunction with a FCCUK member, weighs far less than the normal system, and sounds good too.

Nope... did say I have no experience of Coupes right at the start of my Post but drilling the airbox seems a daft route to go for what is essentially a noise the OP wants :p

thanks mate
by the air bob do you mean the inlet trumpet or am i wrong again?
bout how many holes have you made?
no way was i thinking of going chav difficult to ruin a great car
but that would certainly have a go........ probably end up with a nova geting stuck up my tail pipe if i breaked to hard cos these guys really think that a 1.0 with an exhaust worth probably 3 times what they would get for the car is faster than my ol fiat

sorry mate, i mean under the air box, the power of speed typing!

let nova's try it, its gunny to see them flat out when your chilling in 5th lol

if you need extra help or explaing it over the phone may be better, just PM me and i will explain over the phone!

Back