General 2006 scudo heater

Currently reading:
General 2006 scudo heater

dajam

Hello, I am new to the forum and I am looking for some advice, I have a Scudo 2006 and the problem I have is the heater controls seem to be totaly mixed up, the directional slider works the heat and the temp slider works the air direction, does anyone know how this could happen and is there an easy way to put it right. Thanks Dajam:)

They are cable operated controls mate just swap them over, the surrounding facia will need to be removed but all easy enough to do.
It must of been taken apart at some point probably to sort fan speed control which is a common problem, and the wrong cables reconnected,

On my 2006 2.0 JTD only the direction is operated by cable. The Temp is operated by carbon sliding rheostat. It is possible the carbon track is dirty and only operating when the direction is moved or you go over a bump.

On my 2006 2.0 JTD only the direction is operated by cable. The Temp is operated by carbon sliding rheostat. It is possible the carbon track is dirty and only operating when the direction is moved or you go over a bump.

biggrin.gif
kin brilliant

01.jpg

02.jpg

It should be this unit Dajam, the 2nd image shows the two cables on the right that control the direction and heat

Hi, sorry have not responded sooner but we had a family emergency.
Anyway thank you very much for the replies, I will strip down around the controls and check out the cables.
Once again thank you much appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Back