Technical 1992 ducato wont turn off when ignition is switched off

Currently reading:
Technical 1992 ducato wont turn off when ignition is switched off

RerOntheroad

Hi!
Im having some teouble stopping my 1992 ducato camper. When i turn off the ignition it keeps running.
It is an 2.5 turbo diesel, motor 8140.27 290MAJ.
From reading online i suspect the fuel cut off solenoid is malfunctioning?
I believe the solenoid is located on the fuel pump itself? If so i measured 12V on it with the ignition on and 0V when the ignition is off. Then it is reasonable to think this is the cause?
If anybody has some input or tips if this is correct i would greatly appreciate it.
Or how i can fix this myself or have to get it to a garage.
Is it possible to change the solenoid itself or do you have to switch the entire pump?

Thank you in advance:)

RerOnTheRoad

Hi!
Im having some teouble stopping my 1992 ducato camper. When i turn off the ignition it keeps running.
It is an 2.5 turbo diesel, motor 8140.27 290MAJ.
From reading online i suspect the fuel cut off solenoid is malfunctioning?
I believe the solenoid is located on the fuel pump itself? If so i measured 12V on it with the ignition on and 0V when the ignition is off. Then it is reasonable to think this is the cause?
If anybody has some input or tips if this is correct i would greatly appreciate it.
Or how i can fix this myself or have to get it to a garage.
Is it possible to change the solenoid itself or do you have to switch the entire pump?

Thank you in advance:)

RerOnTheRoad

Remove the solenoid and visually inspect you'll probably find the oring on it has slipped down the plunger of the pluger seal has failed.

Back