General 1987 Fiat Panda Fantasia Turquoise 750L Resto

Currently reading:
General 1987 Fiat Panda Fantasia Turquoise 750L Resto

Sips

Hi guys,

Thought I would share with you the progress on the resto of the family Panda.

He is one of 2 750 Fantasia still on the road and in our care since 1989. We used him in the summer as one of our wedding cars and he looks great in the pictures, closer up however he wasn't!

What started as a replacement sill has turning into a bit more than expected but he should last another 30 odd years!

Luckily I picked up some decent doors about 10 years ago which have proved useful!

A small rust bubble (about the size of a 5p) wasn't once the screen was out, new metal required!

The areas around the rear seatbelts which every year we hoped the MOT tester wouldn't notice have new metal too

Plastic rear arch protectors seem to have necessitated more new metal as they are water traps

He is now awaiting a full respray and reassembly ready to break his car show virginity this summer!

Once all this is done an agreed insurance valuation will be needed!

Being the Fantasia model he has a rather crazy interior which could do with refreshing, has anyone out there had any luck in finding the correct cloth before? New covers are pretty easy to make for these seats from what I can tell. My guess would be they would have to be dyed the correct colour but I am sure this is possible. He has the older style seats making them even harder to find it seems.

I look forward to updating you all with progress as things move on!

Happy tinkering!

Last edited by a moderator:
Being the Fantasia model he has a rather crazy interior which could do with refreshing, has anyone out there had any luck in finding the correct cloth before?

My green Fantasia has an old Campbell Tartan cloth that can be replicated if needs be. Do you have a close up of your seats? There are companies that can copy the pattern from a scan. The material is pretty durable so you could take the covers off, replace the foam and refit your covers after a bit of laundry service. ;)

Hi,
When you're ready if you need any help with agreed value insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,
When you're ready if you need any help with agreed value insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

My Fantasia is with Flux Direct and valued at £3,500 yours isn't as rare but will be in better condition soon so that's the ballpark you should go for.

Back