General 161??

Currently reading:
General 161??

Suffolkslug

For the last six months my 500e shows EXACTLY 161miles after charging. NOT 162 or 158 or 163. If it’s cold, if it’s windy, if it’s sunny, if I have driven slowly, if I’ve driven like a maniac…….It is ALWAYS 161. I have driven electric cars since 2016 and I know that this doesn’t make sense. My dealer said “we don’t know!” And FIAT U.K. referred me to the dealer. The claimed mileage of 199 ( I have tried to get close!! ) is impossible with the limiter that must have been written into the software.

Has anyone had a sensible answer from FIAT?

Attachments

• IMG_3784.jpeg
    IMG_3784.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Lots of people have the same. Around 200 on very first drive then 161 (often in Range) ever since. If you change to Normal or Sherpa it may vary, in Sherpa folks often see nearer 200, doesn't mean they get it. Of course it doesn't really matter as it's nothing but a guessometer anyway. Dealers know very little about the cars, and care even less (not exactly exclusive to EV's) and Fiat don't care much more (again fairly standard).

For the last six months my 500e shows EXACTLY 161miles after charging. NOT 162 or 158 or 163. If it’s cold, if it’s windy, if it’s sunny, if I have driven slowly, if I’ve driven like a maniac…….It is ALWAYS 161. I have driven electric cars since 2016 and I know that this doesn’t make sense. My dealer said “we don’t know!” And FIAT U.K. referred me to the dealer. The claimed mileage of 199 ( I have tried to get close!! ) is impossible with the limiter that must have been written into the software.

Has anyone had a sensible answer from FIAT?

It is very much a guessometer but they do seem to settle on 161 miles predicted range on a full charge, mine included, which can't be coincidental so must be by design. Having had software issues in the past where mine kept on factory resetting units, my presumption is that the car software measures in metric and converts these to imperial units. 161miles is what we get instead of a more rounded European 260km and 199miles theoretical range is 320km.

It is very much a guessometer but they do seem to settle on 161 miles predicted range on a full charge, mine included, which can't be coincidental so must be by design. Having had software issues in the past where mine kept on factory resetting units, my presumption is that the car software measures in metric and converts these to imperial units. 161miles is what we get instead of a more rounded European 260km and 199miles theoretical range is 320km.
Hi,
Mine always says 260 km range at full charge. In summertime, driving at 80-90 km/h this seems fairly accurate. Wintertime it says the same, but range is down to 180 km or so here (southern Sweden).

Back