Currently reading:
Technical 130TC right hand clutch cable

Esragee

Hi All,

New to this site and just bought a 130TC. One of the very few remaining (o:

Anyone know where I can get a clutch cable or the part number for one 🤔

Mine's stretched.

Many thanks!!

Clutch Cable P/N is 7664241 for a RHD car.

This is a complete cable AND bulkhead pulley wheel.

You have to be careful because early RHD drive cars had many clutch cable failures due to the bowden cable twist/wind direction.

This is due to the direction angle change of LHD and RHD installations. A LDH cable when pulled will tighten the cable twist (which it can't do) as it goes over the pulley wheel. If you use this cable on a RHD car then the bowden cable twist will unwind as it goes over the pully wheel and over time will suffer strand fractures.

Your cable may not be stretched but the clutch adjustment / travel is wrong or the clutch is worn out of tolerance but not yet slipping.

Clutch Cable P/N is 7664241 for a RHD car.

This is a complete cable AND bulkhead pulley wheel.

You have to be careful because early RHD drive cars had many clutch cable failures due to the bowden cable twist/wind direction.

This is due to the direction angle change of LHD and RHD installations. A LDH cable when pulled will tighten the cable twist (which it can't do) as it goes over the pulley wheel. If you use this cable on a RHD car then the bowden cable twist will unwind as it goes over the pully wheel and over time will suffer strand fractures.

Your cable may not be stretched but the clutch adjustment / travel is wrong or the clutch is worn out of tolerance but not yet slipping.

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's brilliant.

I've now managed to find 2 old stock cables by some miracle! So have a spare too.

A 130TC will be back on the road. One of only 4 still driving it seems (o:

Apologies Estragee for posting here on your orginal post but it appears I have forgotten how to create a new post.

I am in urgent need of advise/guidance on my son's 2008 Fiat Strada Adventure. The vehicle kept overheating however on closer inspection I found that the heater was leaking. I decided as a temporary measure to block up the heater fan hoses leading into the firewall to inside. It went well for a day. Suddenly another leakage appeared inside the cockpit with radiator fluid. Forgive my ignorance but from where can that leakage come from if I blocked the heater hoses. Is it coming from the A/C???

Apologies Estragee for posting here on your orginal post but it appears I have forgotten how to create a new post.

I am in urgent need of advise/guidance on my son's 2008 Fiat Strada Adventure. The vehicle kept overheating however on closer inspection I found that the heater was leaking. I decided as a temporary measure to block up the heater fan hoses leading into the firewall to inside. It went well for a day. Suddenly another leakage appeared inside the cockpit with radiator fluid. Forgive my ignorance but from where can that leakage come from if I blocked the heater hoses. Is it coming from the A/C???
See https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/overheating-and-water-leakage.492246/

Back