General 127

Currently reading:
General 127

alfanige

Established member
I know this is mad but I am thinking of getting a 127 for my daughter. I have seen a couple for sale for about £300 - £500 but I know soooo little about them, like spares availability, any help appreciated.

My Mum had two in the 70's a 1050CL and an earlier one that I cant remember the model but it was sage green!

By the way....there is no rush as my daughter is only 11 he he, but makes a damn fine excuse as she was asking if she could be taught to drive.

Nige

Fiat Bravo HGT155
Jagaur XJR-S 6.0 V12
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

So what's so mad about a 127? Lovely little car!

Steve

CURRENTLY HAGGLING OVER PURCHASE OF ELDERLY 124
(did someone say proto-Lada [?])

(I'm on [email protected] and [email protected])

1989 Fiat Panda 1000CL
Electronic Distributor
Metamec copper brake pipes
Currently immobile with a knackered gearbox
Replacement 5-speed 'box and new QH clutch in garage ready to fit
and is likely to remain there for some time yet due to my EXTREME
LAZINESS (and it's cold and wet out there - okay, so I'm a wimp) ...

:DHi Nige

[8D]Superb motor! My first car at 17 was a 127 Sport, what a scorcher, 1050cc, 70hp, 4 speed box, 110mph, and it redlined at 7200rpm.

[}:)]I then progressed to a 127 1300 Gt, slightly more refined, faster, 116mph, handled like a dream, blew away many of the days XR2s, only glitch was that it didn't rev as high as the previous model, the redline came at 6800rpm, but it went round corners like it was on rails. It was the last they made, 1983 and it was a minter, wish I'd have kept it locked in a garage somewhere, but I chopped it in for a Y10 Turbo.

:(Probably both in a scrap yard near you now!

:)Ah, nostalgia.

I don't know what's the situation in the U.K. for spare parts of old Fiat cars, but here in Italy they're still eay to find...and quite cheap:D!Then you can choose between two engines (I mean the most common ones), a 0.9lt and the 1.050...the first one's a more obsolete unit, with distribution chain and in-block camshaft!Anyway it develops 45hp which is a good power for a small car...only be careful with the head gasket, those old engines are subject to overheating very frequntly[:0]!Then I remember this car as reliable, due to its simple mecanics...but you should check the bodywork either for previous accidents or for rust;)!Let's know what you'll decide to do!!

Enzo

nah, I gave up and I ended up with the current fleet! Come the spring.... I still fancy a Strada Abarth.... won the auction on one a month ago then thr guy would let me have it although I met the reserve!

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD (210BHP)
Fiat Punto JTD (130BHP)
Fiat Barchetta

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

Hey Nige

I had a 130TC Strada when I was 19, a mate of mine gave it to me as it only had two weeks MOT left on it, so I used it on the road legally for two weeks, took it for it's MOT, and it needed loads of welding doing to it, about £400 to get it through MOT, which was a lot in those days, so me and a couple of mates took it to a local field, right next to the breakers yard and absolutely hammered it for an hour until it was dead, it was finally killed when we drove it over a massive boulder and smashed the sump open which drained it of oil and then we seized it! Oh what fun! It's criminal really but you do silly things when you are young. I then removed the Pioneer Component System from it, we pushed it 100 yards to the breakers and the gave me £25 for it, yes, they even used to pay you for them in those days!

Ah, nostalgia, isn't it nice?

Twincamms.:D

You Need Someone To Stir Up This Joint.........I'm The Man!

Sounds a perfectly good choice to me... a bit of 'classic' status about it. Surely there will be a number of Uno parts that will fit (engine, gearbox etc.) and quite a lot of the rest will be similar to the 128 - not that I suppose that helps much these days!

A fuel-injected Uno would probably be faster, more reliable, and no more expensive in the UK at least... :)

-Alex

alfanige said:
...spares availability, any help appreciated...

Hello there,

spares from Yugo (models 45-55-65) will do good (most of them), becouse Yugo was built on the FIAT 127 base and it is still in production... Btw, pardon my English!

Yup!
He is still in production, however factory Zastava made some kind of "face lifting" with plastic adds... Any way it is still the cheapest new car on our market and comes arround 3500 euro...

Looks like this (they are trying...):

390287.jpg

Yup, usually front grill's of Lancia Delta are being monted on Yugo's with Lancia's engines (kind of a signature of what's inside)... Well, I agree that those little "boxes" are not good with a looking but beleive me they can go really, and I mean REALLY FAST (my friend owned Yugo with engine of Ritmo (Strada) 1.6 TC - 105 hp)... Sorry for bit off topic.

Some more pic's from Yugo enthusiasts...

yugozeleni1.jpg

yugozeleni5.jpg

yugo-mondeo1.jpg

(y) 127 Sports rock! :slayer: I had a bright orange 1050sport.Bought it as a £50.00 winter hack,to save using my X/19 on salty roads.They fly & handle superbly,I kept mine for about seven months & sold it for £450.00. Find a good one & enjoy! (Good ones are rarer than rocking horse poo,now though :( ).

Back