Tuning 1242cc punto engine.

Currently reading:
Tuning 1242cc punto engine.

Towsejames

Is the common 1.1 to 1.2 punto conversion just a standard 1242cc engine? As I've heard it's meant to up the power from 55 to 75? However, I have sourced a cheap punto with this 1.2 engine but it states on the reg check that it only has 60bhp? Hardly worth the effort for 5bhp increase? Also I had a good look at the similarities between the engines and the water hoses/pipes look pretty different? Anyone else done this conversion that can help me?

I'm doing that conversion at the moment, 1242 8v spi engine in my seicento spi. Stock it is 5 hp and u get more torque, some things you can do to get even more power, port polish head, port matching, skim head, 4.2.1 exhaust, bigger tb.. all adds up..

I will make a thread once it's done tho.. first on stock ecu and dyno, deppends on outcome probably a remap. Fun build and good for experience.

Ah alright then, sounds good. Will be looking forward to that, and might air before I do mine. Mine is the mpi, found a punto, but wasn't sure about it all. Like the water hoses looked different, so did the wiring. I'll have a look on the guides here?

Ah alright then, sounds good. Will be looking forward to that, and might air before I do mine. Mine is the mpi, found a punto, but wasn't sure about it all. Like the water hoses looked different, so did the wiring. I'll have a look on the guides here?

There's one steel water pipe that you have to change and the wiring will look different becuase the ecu is in different places take a look through the thread of my mpi schumacher

Hi

I have a 1242 8v in my cinq and its worth the effort. Not much more power but the extra torque lower down really makes a difference.

Nath

Will be attempting it soon, hopefully it will go seamlessly, mine is the mpi, so hopefully will just be straight swap more or less

Can you not simply bolt the SPI head to the P60 bottom end and then use everything of the Cinq.

A conversion as simple as a bottom end replacement or am I being hopelessly optimistic?

Back