General 117mph from punto mk2 sporting

Currently reading:
General 117mph from punto mk2 sporting

bazzasmithkins

there is probably someone out there who has been faster than this in their sporting but i stil think its pretty fast. Also out the other day was a scooby which pulled up to me at the lights revving its engine like f**k at me and the driver was waving his arms at me. so i thought i'd give it a go just to see how fast i could get stuffed by the thing. lights went to amber and i dropped the clutch (already having my revs at 4500) and steamed off in a cloud of tyre and clutch smoke. to my surprise i beat the scooby to the other side of the junction but that was probably because he had stalled it at the lights! phnarr phnarr thats what you get for being cocky. i nearly pissed myself and so did my girlfriend in the passenger seat.;)<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS">

mail me @ [email protected]

I got 120mph out of the old Cinq, revving the nuts off it, downhill with a 2 mile run up :D

Had 2 witnesses and only did it cos one of them was saying his Corsa SXi was faster than my Cinq!

Cheers

J.T.
PoloGTi

Alright chris, guess who. i got 117 out of my little beast as you know. you didn't tell me bout the scooby though. take it easy pal.[}:)]

Punto's Are The Way Forward!

I've driven just about every kind of Punto imaginable, and there are two Mk2 Sportings on the drive way. One's been up to 110 without trying... the yellow screamer has had 120 reading on the clock. On a totally private road you within legal limits you understand :D. Both Punto Spogs are standard and are gonna stay that way.

1've had 105 out of a 55S with a headgasket ready to blow at any moment, 110 out of a 75SX and the most surprising one was a 70TD which clocked 110. The TD70 was a bloody nasty thing to drive but there you go.

regards
Paul

www.fiatbravo.org.uk - http://welcome.to/thebravoforum - [email protected]
Current Fiat fleet:
'00 Punto Sporting (broom yellow) - '02 Punto Sporting (sprint blue) - '94 Tipo 1.4 ie S

how well are fiat odometers calibrated for top end then? cos on your average car, the speedo needle reads about 10% above the actual speed when u get above like 70mph.

just a thought.

Well done all of you,
is it worth having your licences taken away? I don't think so.

Top speeds mean nothing, the 599cc smart car can do 116mph with the restrictor turned off. Its all to do with how fast you can get to the speed limit not how much you can break it by.

www.puntoforum.co.uk

Evil-Punto AKA Evilution.

It's also about being able to stop. It's people like you who cause accidents and it's normally others who have to live with the results.

If you drive like that on the public roads your a moron !!!!!.

Poggy

How do you get 107 from a 55s? I can just get 100 from a 60s:(

puntoforumbanner.gif

I've had my 55SX up to 105mph on a fairly empty bit of M4, and I'm not going to try any harder! That's already 12 over the top quoted speed, and I don't want to tempt fate. Still, it felt stable even at that speed and didn't once threaten to overheat.

The best bit was slowly going by this 911 turbo idling along at 100 or so in the middle lane. He gave me a big smile :D

Sadly there are now invisible speed traps on that sretch - ho hum.

Spirito di Punto

Originally posted by smgs
How do you get 107 from a 55s? I can just get 100 from a 60s:(

puntoforumbanner.gif
It's a funny thing that. A friend of a friend has an old 55s which they claim to have gotten to 110. He reckons it's gotten faster with age and loosening up. The S is lighter than the SX as well and may well be faster than mine.

Also bear in mind that a slightly bigger engine in a car doesn't always mean a higher top speed. There are several things at play including weight, wind resistance etc. that you can't compensate for unless you take them all to a racetrack or something. With a small car with similar power plants I think a lot of it comes down to bottle too! I'd had my foot on the floor for what felt like forever at 105 and I don't reckon there was much, if anything, left. About 6600-6700 rpm.

Spirito di Punto

117mph outta a sporting, well i got off the clock in me 8v mk2 & ive 2 witnesses. Going towards torquay from exeter (A380) theres the biggest f**k off hill uv ever seen (downwards) and any car will get its max there even a fiesta overtook me wen i was doing a ton ten!!!

FIAT!!! It Doesn't Move But It Looks Good!!

Back