Technical 1.2l 8v Headgasket?

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2l 8v Headgasket?

jboy69

Hi all,

Working on my cousins 1.2 8v punto. She said a light came on (I'm guessing the temp light lol) while cruising up the M6, she then turned the heater on and steam came out as well as under the bonnet. After pulling into the services she left the car and it is now in my workshop.....

I was wondering if it could be the heat gasket but after taking the car for an hours test drive tonight it literally runs spot on. Does not over heat. No water in oil, no oil in water. No bubbling in radiator tank, fan works ok, coolant doesn't seem to be dropping, no steam from exhaust.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I have no experience with fiats. What could have caused the M6 blunder?

I'm going to compression test each cylinder tomorrow just to be sure. But IMO it runs far to well to be head gasket.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Steam out the heaters is a worrying sign that the Heater matrix is leaking and boiling the fluid off....

I'd be tempted to give it a Compression test as said
A Cold Cooling system test
and S+B will probably say a vacuum test

However
No water loss - no overheating - fan works fine - no steam

it leaves you wondering.... did she run over a puddle and steam filled the engine bay due to a lovely toasty engine and the steam was sucked in via fans?

Find out which light? i'd suspect EML actually came on

Ziggy

Back