1.2 misfire/poor running

• Thread starter Anonymous Coward
  • Start date

Currently reading:
1.2 misfire/poor running

A

Anonymous Coward

Changed my spark plugs, later found out a cracked HT lead was causing it to occasionally misfire, no problem got a new set of those fitted. That was monday, has run fine up untill today coming back from the dentist. Its started too misfire and judder alot. First thing i did was check the leads are on both ends properly, which they were. Disconnected the battery to reset the ECU, just went outside connected it back up and turned it on, sounds rough as hell, through the exhaust aswell, let it run for about 10 mins, didnt change at all apart from the revs dropped to the normal 800rpm, turned it off and started it up again and sounded exactly the same. Revved it up to about 4K and past about 1.5K-2K revs it sounds and seems fine but below its rough as hell.

Any suggestions?

Possibly Lambda sensor theres two on the 1.2 if i remember correctly unfortunately if it is you would have to buy one to prove that theory, no why to test just buy unplugging like a maf..

P010810_075601.jpg

I wouldnt of thought that would stop it running properly would it?

Gonna put the old plugs back in later and see if it runs better and if they are sparking properly then if not its most likely faulty HT leads.