Tuning 1.2 Fiat Cinquecento

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.2 Fiat Cinquecento

hi i heard online that you can use the 1.2 engine with the 1.1 head (because the valves are bigger or sumit) and the 1.2 camshaft? will this work and what bhp/torque will it produce like this? thanks

1.2 with the punto 75 cam. also the punto 75 head is "said" (i never compaired myself as i keep forgetting to check when the head is off) to have larger (intake) valves.

according to eper, the Cinquencento and Seicento have the same size inlet valves as the Punto75, and Punto60 made after May1997 (engine code B4.). Punto60 before this and all Punto55s have smaller.. but we are talking 1mm here.. :rolleyes:

Figures won't be much different from the Punto 75. On MPI cars, use Punto 75 head and cam, Sei inlet mani, on SPI cars, 1242 block, 1108 head and P75 cam. Note that the valve clearances will need to be re-set for the P75 cam.

Pretty much all in the FAQ/HowTo.

so you telling me that 1242 block with the 1108 with the P75 cam will give me about 75bhp? on these cars do they have hydrolic lifters or isit just the normal tapits where you use a spanner and a screwdriver? if its hydrolic lifters how do you adjust them? shims?

what are the different engine codes on a punto 60 and a punto 75 and will my 1.1 ecu run the 75 because i know it will run the 60? thanks

Time to use the guides, FAQS and search functions. There are as many opinions as there are cars out there, so do some research and form your own opinions about the best way forward.

Each member who has modified their car has done it slightly differently, for slightly different reasons.

Each conversion suits different reasons.

You know what you are trying to acheive, which may be different to someones else's aimns.

Cheers

SPD

Back