Everyone Take Part - My uni project!!!

Currently reading:
Everyone Take Part - My uni project!!!

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
I have spoken to sammi about this thread coming about so some of the mods may well be aware of it. I will also be bumping it all the time to keep it fresh in LL and for more people to answer it, the more the better!

I am currently working on my uni project which is looking into vehicle buying behaviour. As part of my analysis i have devised a questionnaire for which i want as many of the members as possible to answer. You are my sample and your answers will be included within the final project.

What type of car you own or make is not important, so the active ex fiat owners can take part also.

If you own more than one car please feel free to fill in more information

I do have some criteria however.

1-No spam, if unsure PM me about anything you wish to know

2-You must be a UK resident, sorry to the foreign members

3-You must be of driving age, so Beau and others, sorry but you cannot take part

4-You must have also had experience of buying a vehicle, i dont want people who have had a vehicle bought for them taking part

Right the crap is out of the way this is my questionnaire which i want you all to answer

1-Name, forum name will be enough

2-Age

3-Sex

4-Location (please put first three digits of your postcode as this will make it easier to sort out, also people who at uni etc please put your home address rather than ur uni one)

5-Method of purchase of vehicle (choose from following - Auction, Car supermarket/hypermarket, dealer, private)

6-Reason/s for choosing that method

7-Would you choose that method again

8-If no why not

Please be as honest as possible and feel free to write as much or as little as possible. Please be critical, no holds are barred. This is my main dissitation and your answers will count a great deal towards my final mark. :)

Regards

Apple (y)

Last edited:
1-AppleSei

2- 21

3 - Male

4- WF8

5 - Car supermarket

6- No pressure sales, welcoming environment, good price on vehicle, good aftersales service

7- Yes, recommend in fact

1- arc

2- 21

3 - Male

4 - FY8

5 - Dealer

6 - It was where the car i wanted ended up. Was going to buy private but the seller wanted to sell it to a garage first.

7- Not the way i got it, no.

8 - It cost me extra money that it shouldnt have. I wasn't fussed about warranty and such. I think it unlikely i'd buy from any dealer again.

1-Phoenix3dfx225 (aka Viv)

2- 21

3- Male

4-FY8

5- Private (autotrader website)

6-large selection and was easy to choose, simply entered the amount into the website (my insurance cheque amount) and car choice.

7- Yes if the unfortuate event of loosing my car again. E.g another insurance cheque.

1) Mark

2) 19

3) Male

4) GU3

5) Car Supermarket

6) Dad recommended them, had the exact Punto I wanted for a good price, good after-sales service

7) Yes, but probably not for my next car

8) Had a look around and they have a distinct lack of Punto JTD's (n)

1- Matt (fiatpuntosx)

2- 17

3 - Male

4- WR1

5 - Private (Found in local paper)

6- Better Prices (or seem that way), Quick, Easy, Local proximity (no car supermarkets nearby etc.), tend to find older cars in local papers.

7- Yes, you can judge the owner from meeting them, and get a sense of how the car is/was treated.

8 - N/A

1- Mike Norton

2- 23

3- Male

4- NG11

5- Dealer

6- Bought nearly new, so liked the added security and after care. They offered me a good price on my P/ex and had the car I wanted in the colour I wanted (bit of a rarety when the stilo first came out).

7- Yes (have recommended to others)

1-Name FuzzyPanda (Sam Terrace)

2-Age 18

3-Sex Male

4-Location CW8

5-Method of purchase of vehicle Used car dealer.

6-Reason/s for choosing that method Freedom to view the car, to negotiate price and the all important test drive. Cars on a forecourt are generally spruced up before purchase, too, although mine wasn't.

7-Would you choose that method again Absolutely. The amount of extra information you can get from a dealer's behaviour can often be worked to your advantage. You're also safe to walk away hassle-free should you come to a disagreement or should no purchase be made.

1-Name
Alex
2-Age
3-Sex
Please :D (Male lol)

4-Location
OX15 - Banbury

5-Method of purchase of vehicle
Private

Cheaper, Better prices, more choice (eg modified :D) more bargaining potential

Yes :D

8-If no why not
n/a

1- Lewis
2- 17
3- Male
4- CB9
5- Dealer
6- First car, wanted a good'n, 6 months warranty, good reputation.
7- No
8- Feel confident enough to check a car is 'OK' myself, and opportunity to save a bit of money.

Steve

17 (18, 24th feb)

Male

HU1

dealer

N/A Just did..

Possibly.. Depends on what car i want.

N/A

Sorry if i didnt give enough information :( (N/A)

1-Name
Luke
2-Age
3-Sex
Male

4-Location
DA10 - Dartford

5-Method of purchase of vehicle
Used car Dealer

Cheaper than buying new, had the exact model i wanted at the time i was looking to buy (on a whim :eek: ) and have some comeback compared to a totally private sale.

Yes, although i dont trust them as far as i can throw them.

8-If no why not
n/a

1 - Matt

2 - 32

3 - Male

4 - DY4

5 - Dealer

6 - New model, not available from any other source

7 - Definately, need to support you local dealer

8 - N/A

1-Craig

2-18

3-Male (yes please already been done (n))

4-BN3

5-Auction (ebay) or private

6-ebay as usually go cheap, private as you can bargain on the stupidest things like a little scratch...

7-Yes

8-N/A

1-Name, forum name will be enough
Chris

2-Age

3-Sex
Male

4-Location (please put first three digits of your postcode as this will make it easier to sort out, also people who at uni etc please put your home address rather than ur uni one)
M41

5-Method of purchase of vehicle (choose from following - Auction, Car supermarket/hypermarket, dealer, private)
Dealer

You get some peace of mind should anything go wrong, and the dealer takes care of all the hpi, mileage checks, etc. so all the hassle is taken away.

Definitely

8-If no why not
N/A

1. Donald Maclennan

2. 33:(

3. male

4. KW9 (Brora)

5. Dealer (national)

6. Warrenty

7. No

8. Save money. Will be Going for same again so I think I know what to look for:eek:

Back