V6 Engine Swap.jpg

Seicento Seicento V6 Abarth

Introduction

Hi - I was bored so i decided to get my spanners out and do this....:D

What a christmas present that would be!!!

Mazda 2.0 V6 in a Sei (170BHp)

What you reckon? :D

<<See other post here for proper pics>>
I think the engine itself would physically fit but i don't think there would be enough room for all the radiator, engine mounts, gear box, and i think it would probably scrape on the floor. And you'd have to uprate the suspension for the weight of engine.

If you look at the photo, you can no longer see the tops of the suspension mounts anyway. The photo is to scale however. I matched the battey sizes up to make it to scale.

The best thing to do with this engine would be to put it where the back seats are. RWD it. Keep the original engine in the front for ballast!

Here's to dreaming!(y)

Slippy said:
I think the engine itself would physically fit but i don't think there would be enough room for all the radiator, engine mounts, gear box, and i think it would probably scrape on the floor. And you'd have to uprate the suspension for the weight of engine.

If you look at the photo, you can no longer see the tops of the suspension mounts anyway. The photo is to scale however. I matched the battey sizes up to make it to scale.

The best thing to do with this engine would be to put it where the back seats are. RWD it. Keep the original engine in the front for ballast!

Here's to dreaming!(y)

Ive seen it actualy done the rear engine bit that is. when I did grass track racing the modified saloon over 3ltr section had a marina with V8 where the back seat used to be Arr good old days :eek:

Slippy said:
I'm surprised the Heading "Seicento V6 Abarth" hasn't drawn more attnetion that this!

Because we know it doesnt exist and is a pipedream :p

Slippy said:
In a straight line it would probably keep up with yours!

Wouldn't you just love to see that on the start line of Santa Pod!:eek:

I doubt it, I think it would p*ss most of the power away wheelspinning just like Dropping a 2ltr 16v into a nova has the same effect.

You'd need an LSD to put all the power down through such small wheels. And where would you fit that! the sei is just too small. The Turbocharging kits IMO are the best way of keeping the sweet handling and a bit of extra zing.

pinin__prestatyn said:
You'd need an LSD to put all the power down through such small wheels. And where would you fit that! the sei is just too small. The Turbocharging kits IMO are the best way of keeping the sweet handling and a bit of extra zing.

<<don't take this seriously>>>

For straight line dragging - could weld the front diff up altogether. OUCH!

Ubercool idea :D most obvious prob to me is how would you squeeze the rad and exhaust manifold in?! Would be uckfing awesome if someone could pull it off though!
I reckon that a Hayabusa 1500cc race engine (~200bhp) would fit nicely in a Cento engine bay... ;)

thats of its head sounlds like fun is it hard 2 fit 1 in cause my m8s got a sei and he was goin 2 do the uno thing but every 1 dose that at least thats something diffrenti bet its gos like a rocket (y)

~mark~ said:
thats of its head sounlds like fun is it hard 2 fit 1 in cause my m8s got a sei and he was goin 2 do the uno thing but every 1 dose that at least thats something diffrenti bet its gos like a rocket (y)

I hope you realise its a photoshop, or are you just playing along? :chin: :p

Back