General Free

Currently reading:
General Free

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
I'm taking the (immaculate) doors of a K reg Marbella. The rest of the car will then be scrapped. It has a sweet (908 ?) eco/green engine and box with computery bits on it, 67000 miles on the clock.
Does anyone want to take it away for nothing ?

I was dreading some-one asking that! :(
'Tis a long story that I'll try to Reader's Digest.
I paid £175 for this car around 2 years ago because I wanted the moulded plastic interior for the dog-car. I stripped out the interior and put the car in the 'to do' pile. The two girls up the road then needed a car so I bunged most of a Sergio interior into it and some nice Seat seats. It went for it's MOT and sailed through without a fault. They ran it for a while, until they got a free works van. The car then passed to a young lad who was going to restore it ... but he lost his job and the car has not moved since. He asked if I wanted any bits and I remember that the doors were perfect...so I'm having them. :D
I recall that the only rust on the entire car was on the o/s windscreen scuttle.
Remember ... this is the same floorpan as the 4x4 Panda !! with all of the holes already there.

How does a Sergio interior differ from that of a Colour?

I can't think of much my Panda needs... tyres, wipers, and I fancy experimenting with a Panda badge on the front but that's not going to be on a Marbella, heh.

Does it have a left hand door bin? :p

How does a Sergio interior differ from that of a Colour?

Erm... Its actually nice?

( :eek: I'm sooo mean!)

Sorry Sam I couldn't resist that (as you know I'm not a big fan of interiors from the 90's). The Segio has a green interior that's suppose to remind you of tennis but always make me think of gordon gin for some reason... Mmmm.

Jim

Ah, that's o.k. then.
I'll whip off the doors and trash the rest. Sad, but... :(

Dum, dum, dum, dum, another one bites the dust, yeah :slayer:

I went to collect the Marbella to take her to her doom this afternoon. She started first time and drove like a new car. Superb (apart from the non-servo brakes :eek: ). I took the doors off at Kevin's (the Hebden Bridge scrapper) and left her there to die. She'll be crushed tomorrow.

The Marbella doors are original Panda, with corrugated bottoms and quarterlights ! Groovy. :)

Back