Uno My UNO, with new wheels

Currently reading:
Uno My UNO, with new wheels

charlieboy

Prominent member
not posted pics of ma car yet, but now i will. went to duncs this mornin an picked up some presents for ma lil car :p

7752newwheels2.JPG

7752newwheels3.JPG

7752newwheels_.JPG

charlie

You can add more than double sometimes if you add wheels etc. on your insurance, i know a mate of mine who put some wheels on his golf and his insurance went up by £1500, as the company didnt like people modding at a younger age!

Hope you've informed your insurance company, give Kwik Fit insurance a bell there quite good, loads of extras too :)

hehe, i wouldnt really bother declaring those wheels mate, get it lowered tho, will look mint then!

i got home after work today and my retired next door neighbour came round and said " i saw a couple of young lads taking an unhealthy interest to your car duncan, and then they took some wheels. but its ok i got their number plate"

LMAO, i said yeah and they also left some money too :p

Dunc

LOL bless him, just goes to show there are somew people that care about others belongings! lol

i had my little brother with me (well he aint so little anymore :rolleyes: ) he was well impressed with your car, even tho most of it wasnt there :p hehe

new alloys are lookin totally awesome btw!!! (y)

charlie

Nice :) I love black alloys.

It really depends on the insurance company- whether or not they are mod friendly. Alloys and lowering on my old Punto didnt increase it at all but it was my mums insurance policy :rolleyes: and Frizzell, I think, are relaxed on mods.

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
hehe, i wouldnt really bother declaring those wheels mate, get it lowered tho, will look mint then!
Duncan :nono:

:rolleyes: That’s one fast way to invalidate the insurance that costs so much :eek: Charlie tell them all about it - if its CIS your telling, they will advise no increase - keep your receipts....

As long as it doesn’t increase the engine performance CIS not bothered ;). I've told them about all my mods, and no increase - apart from when I enquired about the 999 Turbo kit.

Can't guarantee the same for all companies :( NU will wont cash for sure (n)

Charlie the Uno looking mint BTW (y) and good that you have someone looking at your car all day dunk ;)

charlieboys93UNO said:
LOL bless him, just goes to show there are somew people that care about others belongings! lol

i had my little brother with me (well he aint so little anymore :rolleyes: ) he was well impressed with your car, even tho most of it wasnt there :p hehe

new alloys are lookin totally awesome btw!!! (y)

charlie

hehe, glad he like it, just wait till its finished :D its gonna be a beast hehe (well i hope :p )

Louie Bee said:
Duncan :nono:

:rolleyes: That’s one fast way to invalidate the insurance that costs so much :eek: Charlie tell them all about it - if its CIS your telling, they will advise no increase - keep your receipts....

As long as it doesn’t increase the engine performance CIS not bothered ;). I've told them about all my mods, and no increase - apart from when I enquired about the 999 Turbo kit.

Can't guarantee the same for all companies :( NU will wont cash for sure (n)

Charlie the Uno looking mint BTW (y) and good that you have someone looking at your car all day dunk ;)

ok ok ok, my bad? lol

yeah i must admit ive told my insurance company about EVERY SINGLE MOD! but thats cos i thought i had that many i may as well tell em about them all lol!

yeah and i love the fact that my next door neighbour looks out for my car, its like have your own personal security guard cos he aint a old fragile man trust me :D

Dunc

I liked the 'unhealthy interest' part :D
I wonder if I have an unhealthy interest in my Uno.

Morten, I'm sure if you lower the suspension in the 'right' way, the car becomes much more dangerous to drive ;) i.e. able to swap ends quicker, able to slash the tyres on the wheelarches... oh and how about those really cut springs that make the car jiggle and bounce like a stripper...

-Alex

Hehe.

It has to be legal ofcourse. Cut springs "zeros" all insurance. Springs and shocks has to be approved with a certificate, so no custom springs are allowed. I was allowed to use spacers on the Uno due to the offset of the Abarth alloys mounted. As long as the tracking width don't exceed the tracking width stated in the car's registration papers it was ok.

If I mounted a chip, turbo etc. the insurance company must be told, but it also would be illegal to drive because it exceeds the kilowatts stated in the registration card. It has to be tested and re-registered with an improved brake system if necessary...

Morten.

Back