General Multi Wagon or Multipla?

Currently reading:
General Multi Wagon or Multipla?

HornetUK

Established member
Went to a dealer today to look at a MW & Multipla as Baby no. 2 is due in April so I need a bigger boot than the Stilo! Good job my Punto went back as rejected as now the Stilo will become my 2nd car, instead of my biggest car!

Dealer didn't have a Multipla to look at but he said the MW was a better bet for boot size.

Also for the same price I'd pay for either of these new in a 1.6 petrol I could get a Picasso for about 1k more....are they bigger/better size wise?

Not getting one until the 06 plate, but just starting to look.

Cheers for any advice

Hi
If you're looking for a extra boot size i think that Stilo MW is the right choice! The boot size is huge! The rest you already know from your 5d Stilo. The Multipla and Picasso have a boot size smaller but are more versatility than the Stilo MW. The Multipla has the advantage of the 6 seats but for you it's dispensable cause you have 2 baby's (for now!! :D ).
I've the same problem but i'm only in baby n.1. The problem is that my Stilo is a 3 d version. The Panda has 5d but the boot size... (n)

Bye

The figures I've found for boot sizes are

MW - 510 litres
Picasso - 550 litres
Multipla - 430 litres

The Picasso one doesn't look as big as MW in photos I've seen on web.

The Ulysse is too expensive!

The Multipla has a nice, wide, boot for putting push chairs in. Don't forget you can remove one of the rear seats, adding 50% to the boot size and you still have a 5-seater!

Also, the Multipla has a proper RHD conversion so it is nice and comfy rather than the Stilo bodge-job. I would avoid the Picasso as they are not very big inside (space for child seats etc.) and they loose too much money (same as Fiat's, I suppose) although the usual vat-back deals make them tasty.

If I were you, I would go for the JTD rather than 1.6 in either of the models, especially once they are loaded I think the 1.6 engine will struggle.

Multipla's also have better handling and stability which is largely down to their wide-track.

Only downside with the Multipla is the new face; it's nowhere near as nice as the old one.

The MW boot is huge and I think a much better shape than the Picasso.

Whatever you buy make sure it isn't the Picasso as they're truly awful to drive.
Nobody I know that has driven one can get properly comfortable behind the wheel.
They'll also probably lose value quicker than the Multipla - not sure of the residual performance of the MW.

I'd also recommend the JTD for better performance and economy.

If you're thinking about a Multipla, then it's worth considering a Doblo. OK, so it's a van with seats, but I preferred the lift in one to a lift in a Multipla (my Fiat dealer used to give me a lift to/from work as it was only a few miles). Neither was disasterous, but I found the 3 seats up front to limit the room. I felt I was sat far out left, almost on the pavement! And with less shoulder room. Of course, a Multipla does offer the middle seat in the front. I wonder if either front passenger seat can fold or be removed, as that could be very useful...

If you're besotted by the Stilo and want more of the same then it's simple. If you like the Multipla's styling as I and some others do, then it's OK. Otherwise check out the alternatives like the Doblo. And do consider the JTD, as long as you expect to do a reasonable milage, which if it's a family car you no doubt would...

can't do this with a multipla
multiwagons rule (y)

Attachments

• hedrich04.jpg
    hedrich04.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 52
Back