General Logo replacement issue

Currently reading:
General Logo replacement issue

Geolith

FKA Goodcoin
When repairing the trunk release switch, I had to detach the rear logo, and in the process of removing the sticker residue before reattaching it I made a mistake of using a solvent. Long story short, the exterior of the logo got damaged and I had to replace it.

I ordered the replacement via our local dealership. To my unpleasant surprise, the new logo turned out to be different from the old one, and not in a good way. The color of the burgundy red logo background is noticeably duller and doesn't have the nice shine of the original. The dealer assured me that they would be absolutely identical, but it's clearly not the case.

So, what's going on here? And, most importantly, what the hell am I supposed to do now?

I would initially double check the part number supplied is correct. What was the part number?

No idea. All I know is that the part was ordered from Europe, but the car is the US version. Hence the difference, I guess.

I could order the part directly from the US, making sure it matches my VIN number, but the shipping is rather expensive. That's why I opted for an EU order in the first place.

Back