Hello from Taunton, Somerset

Currently reading:
Hello from Taunton, Somerset

Naughtytortie

Hi all,

Just joined today on the advice of a friend. I have a 98 S reg 1.6 petrol Fiat Bravo and I need a new exhaust system.
I bought one from 'Eternalcar' Germany on ebay, when it was fitted the car would not run on 4 cylinders. Conclusion was that the exhaust was blocked. The company were really good, sent a new one, sent a courier to collect faulty one but the new one was exzctly the same, engine runs lovely with no exhaust, fit the new exhaust and the car is running on 3 again.
Contacted 'Eternalcar' who took all the car's details, including chassis number. They said the exhaust was the correct on so it must be a faulty batch. They have refunded me in full and told me to scrap the new exhaust, they don't want it back.
So, where can I get an exhaust system for a reasonable price? Local autofactors are charging £150 + vat, main dealer even more. Any ideas? Anyone breaking a 98 1.6 bravo/brava?
Thanks, Mary.

Hi there :)

Normally you won't get a reply if you ask for help within the newbie forum. If you would like to ask in the Bravo section, and have a look under the Classifieds tab, I'm sure you'll get a lot more luck there. (y)

Sorry no-one has responded to you earlier, and have gotten off on the wrong foot :bang:, but I hope you get all the support you need in the other sections of the site.

Regards,
Rhys:rolleyes:

Hi,

Welcome from a fellow newbie.
I used to live down the road from you, Nynehead nr Wellington. Nice part of the world, now living in france though.

Back