Technical Radiator leaks

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator leaks

helicopter_red

Hi guys i have got myself a leak from radiator? i have to keep topping up the rad water, although there is no signs of leaks from rad and the engine oil is in near perfect condition so i am not suspecting the head gasket, the strange thing is that when i reverse of my drive lots of water leaks out from my sill under the drivers door even if there has been no rain i suspect that this is linked but am not sure where it leaks from! has anybody else experinced this and sorted it ? i would love any help. i have searched other posts and the water pump has been mentioned could this leak in to the sill or is there a pipe that runs in the chassis.
Any help would be appreciated
cheers

Hi,
Lots of cinq's seem to have leaky screen wash pipes, I know mine has, there seems to be a little valve of some sort up by the drivers side bonnet hinge that drips water, the water in the sills could be related to this....
As for the coolant needing topping up, mine has a leaky fan switch on the rad, takes about two weeks for the water to drop from the max to the min on the tank, it leaves a wet patch around the bottom hose.

Will get round to fixing all these problems with my car, along with the tappets and the exhaust heat shield and the wheel bearing and the top mount..........list goes on......still passed the MOT in December though..

Thanks
Paul T

Helicopter - does your car have the abarth sideskirts on? Mine does, water seems to pool inside them and pours everywhere when you drive away. There aren't any coolant pipes running near the sills, so shouldn't be that.

If it has a sunroof, the drains for this dump the water into the sills too by the way.

Back