Car broken into

Currently reading:
Car broken into

makki123

Hi
My car (Fiat Punto 02) got broken into last night. Woke up to find all of my doors open (the locks anyway, and the boot) so the guy obviously looked for stuff to steal.
I had two old xbox 1 games which I was going to give to a charity, and my cd player which had bluetooth and mp3 usb....
The Cd player was in my seat, pretty fortunate, and the 2 old games were taken, no idea why.

Anyway, the passenger door (2door car), had like a small cut on the side of the lock (car has central locking), so the guy must have known what he was doing. Should I get this fixed? The central locking still opens and closes fine

I also have a few years protected no claims, so is it worth telling my insurance company? Someone hit me and ran off, I saw the car too. I went to my insurance, they couldnt find him, and I didnt bother taking it further as it wasnt worth my excess, they still increased my insurance the next year even though it was only notification of an accident.Is it worth telling them about this? What could and would they do? They would have to fix the door right?

And is it worth telling the police, as they were the same. They said they would try and find the guy above who hit me, but they sent a letter a week later saying they couldnt contact them and so dropped the case which is pretty useless.

My Punto mk2 also has an alarm and immobiliser right? so why didnt it go off?

Thanks

strange if it didn`t go off, are the door post light switches jamed in? so it wouldn`t go off, lesser of two evils, means, better to not tell them, because of the grief/and excuse to put premuim up that telling the insurance co. brings

mk2 puntos dont have alarms as standard.

Whats the point in informing the police, they cant do anything.

You will need to repair the hole else anyone will be able to open it very quickly, really wouldn't bother with the insurance they'd probably put the premium up as much as you'd be able to get it fixed.

This happened to my car last week also they screw drivered behind the lock and broke the central locking. the only way to stop them getting in is to take the locking system out of the door and cutting the 2 metal prongs that connect to the key barrel off so tehy cannot get back in, otherwise its a new door.

No need to cut anything off. If your going to delock it then just weld and reinforce the hole.

But you'd have to remove the lever inside the car else the door on puntos are bad designed and can be bent very easy without any tools, then opened.

But then you'd have to make a backup on the central locking incase of failure, and if someone wants something from the car they just then smash the window.

Also a de-locked punto to me increase the chances of it being broken into as people who de-lock there car normally are the ones with ICE etc in.

Easier just to repair the damage.

Back