Technical esp and hill holder

Currently reading:
Technical esp and hill holder

marty27

ive had a quick search but cant find what im looking for, does anyone know the best way to check you have the hill holder apart from the hill test, is there any other ways you can check?

ive had a quick search but cant find what im looking for, does anyone know the best way to check you have the hill holder apart from the hill test, is there any other ways you can check?
yes there is. if you have a button on the dashboard right next to the alarm button that writes on asr-off then you have it. fiat dealer told me that the hill-holder is ''married'' to asr button.

asr button means that you have VDC (stability program) for the car in question. But it doesn't mean there's hill holder too. To check hill holder , get on a hill facing up (more than 5%), brake, put in first gear that release brake. If the car is hold down by brake for 1,5sec, max2 sec means you have hill holder. this 1,5sec allow you to take your time in releasing cluch. Take care : if one of the brake or cluch switch doesn't work well or ECU is under a fault related with these than it will not work.

asr button means that you have VDC (stability program) for the car in question. But it doesn't mean there's hill holder too. To check hill holder , get on a hill facing up (more than 5%), brake, put in first gear that release brake. If the car is hold down by brake for 1,5sec, max2 sec means you have hill holder. this 1,5sec allow you to take your time in releasing cluch. Take care : if one of the brake or cluch switch doesn't work well or ECU is under a fault related with these than it will not work.
he said another way than sticking to a hill. also it is reasonable because the asr (anti-spin regulation) prevents the front tyres to spin.with the hill holder the car doesn;t have to spin because it is already been pushed to the front, so less load for the asr. and this information came directly from fiat.

There are options with VDC w/o hill holder so it will not work. But if you have hill holder,(A! not down hill control (DHC)) the ways are waranty book (options on car- first page), Examiner, or described test only.

There are options with VDC w/o hill holder so it will not work. But if you have hill holder,(A! not down hill control (DHC)) the ways are waranty book (options on car- first page), Examiner, or described test only.

its been tested i have the hill holder, just need to get used to it now i guess

i cant tell what hill holder does... :S i have it and i roll down hills as soon as i take my foot off sooo... one time i noticed it hold but that was once..
anyone able to tell me what it does? :)
cheers

I repeat : hill holder doesn't mean Down hill control. its just only a helper when you have to brake and leave on hill facing uphill.

I repeat : hill holder doesn't mean Down hill control. its just only a helper when you have to brake and leave on hill facing uphill.

It also works if reversing up a hill, stops you rolling forwards downhill! (i know this as my drive is on a slope at the end).

Hill holder works whenever you brake to a standstill on a incline thats more than 5% as stated earlier. Simpliest way to check is try it!

GDRIVER, im not sure how it reduces load on the asr, the hill holder applies the brakes but realises at clutch bite (if stil on). If you give it too much beans on the accelerator then the asr will be needed just the same. All the hill holder does is stops the car rolling backwards on a hill start etc.

Back