General Chrome lower grille?

Currently reading:
General Chrome lower grille?

richstrat

Just flicking through my latest copy of Top Gear magazine. There is a 2 page Bravo ad in it, that shows both the upper and lower grille in chrome. The Bravo brochure I have shows the lower grille in black plastic, which looks nowhere near as nice.

Can anyone comment on whether their Bravo's have a chrome lower grille, what models it comes on or if it is an aftermarket add on?

BTW the bravo in the Top Gear ad shows a black T-jet sport 150. The small print 'model shown' bit mentions the 18's and lenticular paint (although I thought black was pearlescent!), but makes no mention of the chrome grille, so is this standard now?

Just flicking through my latest copy of Top Gear magazine. There is a 2 page Bravo ad in it, that shows both the upper and lower grille in chrome. The Bravo brochure I have shows the lower grille in black plastic, which looks nowhere near as nice.

Can anyone comment on whether their Bravo's have a chrome lower grille, what models it comes on or if it is an aftermarket add on?

BTW the bravo in the Top Gear ad shows a black T-jet sport 150. The small print 'model shown' bit mentions the 18's and lenticular paint (although I thought black was pearlescent!), but makes no mention of the chrome grille, so is this standard now?

Funny you should mention about the grill, i noticed the lower chrome grill as well in one of the magazines i flicked through on Saturday, even stranger was i done a photoshop enhancement on a picture of my car before i saw that article to see what it would look like, cant make my mind up if i like it or not :chin:
Has the Bravo you got have the lower chrome grill ?

Added some photoshop enhancements i did the other week before looking at the magazine.

Without.jpg

with.jpg

This one just playing around

custom.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's on order, so don't know yet - I hope it does, I do like the look of it!

Probably a pre-launch version - the Sport had chrome door handles on pre-launch which were replaced for painted ones. Good job too :p.

Mine's on order, so don't know yet - I hope it does, I do like the look of it!
hi there, in fact i was toying with the idea of either doing the chrome outline of the lower grille or blacken it??
can i know how much and where you get the chrome grille? is it just an outline of entire grille? possible to order it online?
remember to share your bling bling grille when it arrives...(y)

Happy, when I say mine's on order, I mean the car, not the grille - I was just hoping the car came with the chrome grille, but it seems form those who already have their cars, it won't (which is a shame!)

FWIW, the picture in the advert is just like Bluebravo's middle picture, which I find quite fetching. The less said about the last picture the better IMO!!!:p

Happy, when I say mine's on order, I mean the car, not the grille - I was just hoping the car came with the chrome grille, but it seems form those who already have their cars, it won't (which is a shame!)

FWIW, the picture in the advert is just like Bluebravo's middle picture, which I find quite fetching. The less said about the last picture the better IMO!!!:p

lol i know, the last picture its horrible isnt it, but to think some like the idear of having there cars with all that kind of stuff on it is beyond belief really:shakehead:

Last edited:
lol i know, the last picture its horrible isnt it, but to think some like the idear of having there cars with all that kind of stuff on it is beyond belief really:shakehead:

Sure we'll see them soon though, and worse!:yuck:

well, to each its own... both pix are nice, given the last pix without the "mod" headlamp!! which is really a turn-off...:yuck:
think i favor the chrome...:slayer:

I see this looks to be the new spec, there was a Bravo advert in the latest edition of WhatCar?, and it had the chrome lower grille (looks the same as the one with the badge).

ePER (Edition 38) shows the replacement, and the new part is £19, replaced 09/2007. Think I wanna see a Maranello Red Bravo before I make my decision.

Interestingly, I see FIAT UK are now having the Bravo in black for their advertising, not Maranello!

I see this looks to be the new spec, there was a Bravo advert in the latest edition of WhatCar?, and it had the chrome lower grille (looks the same as the one with the badge).

ePER (Edition 38) shows the replacement, and the new part is £19, replaced 09/2007.

Well here's hoping you are correct about the new spec as I would definitely like the chrome lower grille on mine. Just in case it doesn't come with chrome, any chance you could post the part number from the newer version of ePER as the version on here is only 36 and doesn't include the chrome grille...

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited:

ePER (Edition 38) shows the replacement, and the new part is £19, replaced 09/2007.

No chrome lower grille on mine when I picked it up on Satruday - Rich, can you post the part number from the new e-PER so that I can get it on order...

Back