Technical Coolant level

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant level

Scuderiazar

My Abarth is 6 months old with 3000 kilometres on the clock the coolant level is at the minimum level is this anything to worry about? Will I just top it up to maximum with distilled water?
Cheers.
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1443408408.463564.jpg

Obviously proper coolant would be best but it should be fine with the distil water for now – Shouldn’t thin out the coolant too much (I take it it doesn’t get below 0 where you are :) ) Just keep an eye on it for puddles etc and if it happens again it may pay to get it looked at.

My Abarth is 6 months old with 3000 kilometres on the clock the coolant level is at the minimum level is this anything to worry about? Will I just top it up to maximum with distilled water?
Cheers.
View attachment 160165
sounds fine to me when car is used in extreme conditions coolant tends to disappear over time. And if its at minimum it means it hasnt really leaked much over 6 months thats just fine. As the other poster said, if you dont see any puddles or massive leaks no problems!

I live in Greece so i just top it up with distilled water until the time comes to change the whole coolant, which i do every 3-4 years when replacing timing belt and water pump.

Yeah it's not went below minimum no leaks visible. It doesn't get below 0 here so all good. I'll add a little bit of distilled water to the max line.
Thanks for your info ?

Filling it to the max may have some overflow due to expansion once the coolant heats up but it will settle and wont be a problem.

Back