Technical boot lid

Currently reading:
Technical boot lid

Lisaflew

Hi I cant open my boot with the fob, I can open it from the inside and it also does not seem to be the wiring loom problem that I have had before. There is nothing stuck in it. Im stumped!

Hi I cant open my boot with the fob, I can open it from the inside and it also does not seem to be the wiring loom problem that I have had before. There is nothing stuck in it. Im stumped!

Does it open normally when you press the release button under the handle?

Do you hear any noise when you press the fob button, i.e. the solenoid operating?

No nothing happens when I press the release button and it the boot catch is silent when I press the key fob, I can just hear the door locks clicking open. Thanks for you interest!! Do you think you have the answer??? Lisa

No nothing happens when I press the release button and it the boot catch is silent when I press the key fob, I can just hear the door locks clicking open. Thanks for you interest!! Do you think you have the answer??? Lisa

Not necessarily, just trying to narrow it down. As described, the symptoms suggest no power is getting to the solenoid and the most likely culprit is the wiring. I know you mentioned it doesn't 'seem' to be the wiring loom issue - why do you say that?

Ok so I took my car in to Fiat and it turns out the the roof was getting a little confused and telling the boot the roof wasn't closed completely. Fiat reset the roof and now the boot works normally ???? Cost me £20!!! Thankyou Fiat ???

Back