Technical X1/9 - Uno/Strada/Regata sump

Currently reading:
Technical X1/9 - Uno/Strada/Regata sump

Hi all,

I have an Uno with an X1/9 in, it's also lowered. After rubbing it one too many times on speed humps, my alloy X1/9 sumps started bleeding oil..

I was just wondering, has anyone put a tin Uno 1300/Strada Regata Delta 1300/1500 sump on an X1/9 engine, & was the oil pump pickup the right depth for the tin sump?

Thanks in advance. :)

WP_20181023_006.jpg

Last edited:
The engine in the X1/9 sits about 7 degrees more upright than in FWD models. Used in an Uno the X1/9 sump base will be lower at the front, perhaps one reason why you keep scraping it. The sohc sumps are interchangeable, but the oil pickup/strainer pipe is made to suit the sump, so if you change to a FWD sump you will need the matching pickup/strainer pipe.

I don't believe any of the "FIRE" engines would match as they are a different family. The original Lampredi designed sohc is probably easiest identified by the double "scallop" shape to the front of the head. Any size of the Lampredi engine should have a suitable sump.

No, I know the FIRE ones are completely different, I`m just wondering if all the other SOHC ones will fit, or just the ones immediately related, as in the 1300 & 1500 80`s SOHC Lampridis in Fiats & Lancias.

I`m only used to working on FIRE`s & TC`s!

Last edited:
Back