Technical Fiat X1/9 1974

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat X1/9 1974

Canada Fiat

First I would like to say thank you for all the help i can get. Just got this Fiat X 1/9 in Canada and it was sitting outside for 25 years in snow and rain so try to get it back to live.
The electrical part of the car is full of gremlins and makes me wild, finally figures out the headlights after 3 hr trouble shooting.
But now my side indicator lights work but i cant get the right front one going, however it comes on if i turn on the headlight.
So took the lens of to get the light out to get the wire in the compartment so i can yest it. So now comes my stupid question how to i get the indicator light removed from the body as i can see any screws anywhere and don,t want to break anything. Sure some of you will shake their heads so did I so any help is appreciated.

Do your indicators look like the photo? If so there are 2 nuts on the back of the housing, I believe 8mm from memory. Might be worth giving a wire brush to the studs if you can get to them and some wd40 squirted in there as well as I bet they are rusted pretty bad.
Acces to them might be from the headlamp motor access chamber.
It's been a while since I worked on a 1300..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_122236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_122236_Chrome.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
Thank you, and yes that are the same lights, i tried to feel down there but couldn't feel anything.
Will be interesting to get them off.

Thank you, and yes that are the same lights, i tried to feel down there but couldn't feel anything.
Will be interesting to get them off.
Looking at this photo there is no where else for those nuts to be. Have you got the lens off? Be interested to see if the studs arestill there. Seeing the end of the studs, you'll then know where to search behind.
Fiat owners were notorious for some serious bodges, back when these cars were only worth a few hundred dollars. Let's hope someone hasn't glued them on!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_181823_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_181823_Google.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back