General Who's your insurance with

Currently reading:
General Who's your insurance with

Hi Dan

I would have to say... Not at all!!! I had an original quote of £290. I then called and was told the figure was now £360. I asked for the details to be sent to my email address. I’m still waiting ??*♂️

Hi Dan

I would have to say... Not at all!!! I had an original quote of £290. I then called and was told the figure was now £360. I asked for the details to be sent to my email address. I’m still waiting ??*♂️

Hi there,

That does sound like the increase was for a reason from your original online quotation? We wouldn't just increase a premium without valid reasons for doing so. This could be for a whole host of reasons, - i.e increasing the mileage, different usage, adding a driver, claims that are still 'in date' etc, etc.

If you wished to message me your full name / postcode I'd happily take a look and see why the disparity from the first quotation - it's likely that we've unearthed further details relating to the risk.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan

I was informed (Over the phone) that the price was based on leisure use. I needed it to be for commuting back and forth to one fixed place of work also. I would have thought I would have ticked that box option, as I’ve done it with all other companies to get a true comparison between quotes.

Anyway... I have taken another policy with a very good premium and cover by the looks of it. Maybe next year for Adrian Flux Insurance.

Hi Dan

I was informed (Over the phone) that the price was based on leisure use. I needed it to be for commuting back and forth to one fixed place of work also. I would have thought I would have ticked that box option, as I’ve done it with all other companies to get a true comparison between quotes.

Anyway... I have taken another policy with a very good premium and cover by the looks of it. Maybe next year for Adrian Flux Insurance.

Hello again,

It would seem that the disparity was due to the change of usage perhaps. If you've secured a policy at a reasonable premium elsewhere then no problem and by all means try us next year.

'Leisure usage' will fall under 'Social, domestic and pleasure' as defined in motor insurance documentation - if you add 'commuting' to one place of work this could be the difference or more than once place will constitute 'Class 1 Business use' and will invariably increase the premium.

Please let me know if need any further assistance.

Regards,

Dan

Back