General Who's your insurance with

Currently reading:
General Who's your insurance with

Hi guys

The garage queen is going back on the road. Who do you insure with? What kinda price do you pay and what they been like. Im looking for the best deals for the ?hp.

Any help would be appreciated

?

Coming up with about £390 for the year so far. Full NCB protected with courtesy car with legal cover. No voluntary excess and a compulsory £100 with protected NCB. Will have to continue searching, as the 1.1 Panda was only £250 for the year. I know this is something like a group 5 insurance car and the 1.1L is a group 1.

Could do with it being around the £350 I think ??*♂️

I'm with Direct Line and have had no problems (wife had a claim a few years ago that was handled well). Not the cheapest perhaps but good cover including cover for most non-transport/motor business use. Some basic policies don't even cover commuting and technically just popping down the shop to pick up something for work or travelling to an alternative work location needs business cover.

Robert G8RPI.

We use Chris Knott with discount from on here. Price has been good but could be bettered this year. Service however is beyond question and when you ring up you usually get a real person almost immediately. I recommend you give them a try for a quote.

I have a multi car policy with Admiral and was able to fully comp insure Blu' this year for £70.

I've been with Admiral for years and when I call them upon renewal they are always helpful and efficient. Also, their prices are competitive too.

Last edited:
I have been with Saga for several years - very happy with them apart from the occassional haggle to get the price down when renewing.

The problem with using comparason sites is that you cannot be sure that you are comparing like with like - some of the policies may have terms that help cut down the headline price, but may not offer the best cover.

An independent survey of best providers, based on quality of cover, customer satisfaction etc gave the top 6 as

NFU Mutual (may not cover all postcodes)
Saga
LV
Sainsburys
John Lewis
Direct Line

It might be worth phoning these companies direct for the best quote

I'm with Swiftcover. (branch of AXA)

They've doubled up my no claims bonus to cover two cars/policies.
I can pay once to protect both policies NCB's if I want.

No messing around phoning up for quotes and changes, it's all on line.

I can add a temp car for a day, week, month and even tax it or add another driver or temp driver and can swap cars on either policy just by logging in and clicking a few times, no need to wait for a call centre to open (and answer) I can do these 24/7.

I'm also happy with their premiums, no matter who I try they seem to under cut all like for like quotes, even on auto renewal.

They don't seem to increase the premiums just for existing customers on renewal, so the renewal is the same as a new customer quote.

Never had more than a £12 increase in any one of the last 4 years.

They are incredibly cheap for my Abarth, I originally thought they might have confused it with a normal 500!
The Berlingo 1.6 HDi works out a little more, though that's getting chopped in tomorrow, I can't turn left out of my road in it due to the ULEZ as it's a Euro 5 diesel.

All the add ons aren't automatically added on, you have to select them rather than deselect them.

None of that 12 noon mid day exchanging of cars nonsense when it's time to swap cars mid policy, they automatically insure both your old and new car for the whole day on the day you want the policy to change.

Never had to claim yet (touch wood) but it all looks like it's handled on line as well.

One negative is their interest appears quite high if you want to pay monthly, but as I never do it doesn't bother me.

Both cars/policies less than £600 fully comp, considering I live in SE London and both cars are parked on the street I think that's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Regardless though, use the comparison sites to get a ballpark

Agreed

you should be able to match or better any comparison site. With a quick phone call. After all they have add a percent on for being on the comparison site in the first place.

just make sure you are comparing like for like, same excess and so on.

only had a full license for a year (bought the Panda on passing).
although I have 9years NCD my quote, which I did today, fully comp with courtesy car windscreen and key cover was £169 with Halifax.
guess its a good deal then?

only had a full license for a year (bought the Panda on passing).
although I have 9years NCD my quote, which I did today, fully comp with courtesy car windscreen and key cover was £169 with Halifax.
guess its a good deal then?

With only a full license for a year I'd say that's a good price(y)

I’ve had an email from Adrian Flux Insurance yesterday. They quoted £290 which is a very good price. Gonna give them a call today. ?

Back