Technical Which brake pads - Ducato 30, 33, 35, 40 ??

Currently reading:
Technical Which brake pads - Ducato 30, 33, 35, 40 ??

Fiat Ducato 2012 2.3 130 LWB
Managed to get my front brakes apart and I need new discs and pads. The calipers are Brembo so I am assuming that the rest of the system at the wheel is. Calipers working fine so I think I will stick with Brembo.

I have identified my discs on AutoDoc and they are £90 for a pair, including shipping (https://www.autodoc.co.uk/brembo/7010843) . I'm looking at some of the pads options and some pads are for a Ducato 30, some for a 33 and some for a 35 and some for a 40. I have an X250 MK3 and thought I had done well to work that much out but now some new numbers! What do these 30,33,35,40 numbers refer too?

Last edited:
Hi
I believe those numbers are part of the full model designation and refer to the gross vehicle weight (GVW), i.e. 30 is 3000 kg, 33 is 3300 kg etc. This is the weight including the payload.
The lightest 30 and 33 are for the smaller SWB vans
The 35 is probably what you have, and may or may not be on a Maxi chassis
The heaviest 40 is only in the Maxi range.
Your logbook may have the full model designation, if not look for the FIAT vehicle identification plate for the designation and/or the GVW which is normally the first figure.

A good place for discs and pads is EBC brakes, www.ebcbrakesdirect.com
Used them before for a 2007 Ducato and discs/pads last pretty well.

Finding the 'right' set for your Ducato might not be straightforward, but a quick phone call to them
will usually get the correct set identified.

Hi
I believe those numbers are part of the full model designation and refer to the gross vehicle weight (GVW), i.e. 30 is 3000 kg, 33 is 3300 kg etc. This is the weight including the payload.
The lightest 30 and 33 are for the smaller SWB vans
The 35 is probably what you have, and may or may not be on a Maxi chassis
The heaviest 40 is only in the Maxi range.
Your logbook may have the full model designation, if not look for the FIAT vehicle identification plate for the designation and/or the GVW which is normally the first figure.
For clarification, I agrree in general with the above, but my 2006 LWB PVC is a 33, with GMV of 3300kg. It is the GMV that matters.

Back