General Found heavy brake pads on a light disc/calliper combo

Currently reading:
General Found heavy brake pads on a light disc/calliper combo

georgetrenev

Dear Forum,
I was just stripping the brakes to change them before the MOT and discovered something strange. My rear brake callipers,discs and pads were as expected for the 3.5t maxi, however my front callipers appear to have been changed at some point for 3.5t Apec RCA588 that can take on 280mm diam, 24mm thickness, 73mm center disc which is equivalent to the 3.5t sizing, which is fine for my needs in all fairness. However, here is where the strange part begins, I would expect to see the brake pads that match that combo of disc and calliper, but the brake pads visually match only part 71770042, which is their maxi/heavy equivalent part(there were no signs or labels on the pad to confirm my observation, but they have very distinctive edges at the bottom). The only difference between them and the pads I expected to see and purchased already is their height of 62mm to 69mm on the visually matching one(mostly coming from those two edges at the bottom that I mentioned earlier).
I am really unsure if someone before me installed the wrong pads and the actually required pads are the ones I have available or I should be looking to order the taller pads.
I would really appreciate an advice and if the information is insufficient I am happy to post some photos tomorrow as I can always take it apart again.
Thanks

Back