Technical Front disc brake pads - how long to install?

Currently reading:
Technical Front disc brake pads - how long to install?

Hi there, was wondering how long it would take to install front disc pads on a 2011 Fiat Ducato? I had a fairly high quote so was wondering if it would take one hour - if there were no problems, or two hours?
Also, are there two different types of pads - standard and heavy duty?

Thanks!

Definitely can't see why it would take more then 1 hour?

All-through the parts may not be cheep for the large size of the discs and pads
yeah I was quoted €150. The pads are €50-60, labour about €45/hour, so more like 110-20 at most I would have thought.

Obtaining the correct parts for sevel built vans is not always straight forward.
Disc and pad sizes vary , depending on if it's heavy chassis or normal , and if it built as moho and or alloy wheels.
Even when you think you have found the correct parts you never know until you take a wheel off and see what's fitted.

They are a pain.

Obtaining the correct parts for sevel built vans is not always straight forward.
Disc and pad sizes vary , depending on if it's heavy chassis or normal , and if it built as moho and or alloy wheels.
Even when you think you have found the correct parts you never know until you take a wheel off and see what's fitted.

They are a pain.
yes there are three different ones, but I am assurred that the VIN number identifies the correct one. The best proof is to take off the old one and match it with the new one.

If you want to see the job done you can watch the video here - fast forward to 16 minutes if you are not interested in the stereo and oil and filter changes

I changed front discs and pads on our 2009 Ducato last June, It took me 2 hours, (including a tea break) Discs and pads purchased from Coastal Motorhomes, total cost of parts £92.38 including delivery. It's not that hard to do.

And dont forget to clean and lightly lube the slider pins or replace them and the dust shields as they are nearly always corroded and are stuck and will wear the pads unevenly

And dont forget to clean and lightly lube the slider pins or replace them and the dust shields as they are nearly always corroded and are stuck and will wear the pads unevenly
thanks I got it done professionally in under an hour for 113 euros parts/labour. I do not work on my own van!

Back