Technical Brake pads and Master cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Brake pads and Master cylinder

RedJules

Hello all knowing tribe

I am trying to find out what type/model of brake pads, brake master cylinder etc I need for my Fiat Ducato A570 1992 Burstner motorhome uses

Where can I find this sort of information??

I’m case you can’t tell I’m a newbie lol

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas (or whatever you choose to celebrate xx)

Hi and welcome

Conversion takes time, so the chassis may have been built typically a year earlier than the first registration.

From the date this sounds like it is built on a "First Generation" Ducato Chassis. It would help to know if it is a "Maxi" version, which had 16 inch wheels and heavier duty running gear (including brake discs and pads) suited to the variants in the range intended for heavier loads. A picture of the rating plate might help too - blank out part of the VIN if that sort of thing worries you. Is this LHD ?

Even with this information, one is still sometimes faced with a choice of parts. Your only option then is to take the old parts along to a motor factor to match up (or measure carefully/take photos). Alternatively order the different variants online if you can prearrange that the "wrong" ones can be returned.

Hi and welcome

Conversion takes time, so the chassis may have been built typically a year earlier than the first registration.

From the date this sounds like it is built on a "First Generation" Ducato Chassis. It would help to know if it is a "Maxi" version, which had 16 inch wheels and heavier duty running gear (including brake discs and pads) suited to the variants in the range intended for heavier loads. A picture of the rating plate might help too - blank out part of the VIN if that sort of thing worries you. Is this LHD ?

Even with this information, one is still sometimes faced with a choice of parts. Your only option then is to take the old parts along to a motor factor to match up (or measure carefully/take photos). Alternatively order the different variants online if you can prearrange that the "wrong" ones can be returned.
Hey Anthony, yes he is a LHD

Where do I find the rating plate??

I have attached a copy of the technical stuff lol, as you can see it’s Spanish registered

I put 14” hub caps on Bob (the Burstner) if that helps

Where do I find specific parts information?? I now need to look for a clutch kit at some stage in the not too distant future

Thanks for responding

Jules

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
Hi again

Your base vehicle is a "Ducato 1" type 280, this model was made between 1981 and 1993

The Fiat engine code is 8144.67 (Citroen CRD93L) which is the Sofim 2499 cc motor with 55kW/75PS/74HP. The registration document says 2445 cc which is for the slightly smaller earlier engine, so I think that is a mistake.

Looking at the weight figures, I don't think your vehicle is a Maxi (Weight Code 18). I think it is most likely a Weight Code 14. This means that the original vehicle had a payload of 1400 kg before conversion. After conversion, the payload is less.

The most likely front brake pads are 130 x 71 mm for a TRW/Lucas/Girling system. An example is Brembo part number P 23 022, but there are many other manufacturers who make equivalents of this style and size.

Please measure your old pads before ordering new ones !

Hi again

Your base vehicle is a "Ducato 1" type 280, this model was made between 1981 and 1993

The Fiat engine code is 8144.67 (Citroen CRD93L) which is the Sofim 2499 cc motor with 55kW/75PS/74HP. The registration document says 2445 cc which is for the slightly smaller earlier engine, so I think that is a mistake.

Looking at the weight figures, I don't think your vehicle is a Maxi (Weight Code 18). I think it is most likely a Weight Code 14. This means that the original vehicle had a payload of 1400 kg before conversion. After conversion, the payload is less.

The most likely front brake pads are 130 x 71 mm for a TRW/Lucas/Girling system. An example is Brembo part number P 23 022, but there are many other manufacturers who make equivalents of this style and size.

Please measure your old pads before ordering new ones !
That’s awesome… they were just figures for me even when I translated it hahaha

Bob is 1992 manufactured, from his registration documents

I would like to know where I go to get this information you have supplied, as I don’t want to keep messaging you each time I need a new part lol, I needed the rear brake pads anyway

I also need to find out about a clutch “kit” if that’s correct

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

Jules x

@RedJules ,

You may wish to note that the same base vehicle was also sold as a Citroen C25, and Peugeot J5 or Talbot Express. That info could widen your choice of spares.

Hi Jules

Some more information. The Ducato 1 type 280 was 1981 to 1990, with the 2.5 litre engine introduced 1989. The Ducato 1 type 290 was 1990 to 1994. So your vehicle appears to be at the changeover, i.e. one of the last of the 280's but with the later engine normally associated with the 290. When searching for brake parts I have put in 280 and 1981 to 1990, but for engine parts you might have to put in 1990 to 1994.

In the UK I use online parts supplier autodoc.co.uk, but they cover most of Europe with different internet "shopfronts". See the attached picture for the search term I used. Once you find a part, there are multiple offerings from rival suppliers at different prices - I stick to the well known names.

Your rear brakes are drums, so need shoes rather than pads. The size is 240 mm diameter x 57 mm width. The handbrake also uses these shoes, and the cable attaches by a lever. Unfortunately, there are two different lever styles, so you may have to take off the drum and have a look. See the pictures for the two different Brembo parts.

The clutch is indicated as 230 mm diameter for the 8144.67 engine. I show an example made by LuK

This is the best information I can give, but it is always difficult to be 100% certain because Fiat etc changed things throughout production and suppliers parts guides are never completely accurate. For example some sources indicate that the clutch is 240 mm diameter ! The only sure way is to take the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to a Fiat main dealer and check the Fiat part numbers so that they can be cross-referenced with aftermarket parts.

Attachments

• Ducato 280 1.jpg
    Ducato 280 1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Ducato 280 2.jpg
    Ducato 280 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Ducato 280 3.jpg
    Ducato 280 3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 16
  • Ducato 280 4.jpg
    Ducato 280 4.jpg