General Where is my 500?

Currently reading:
General Where is my 500?

Cei

Getting a bit frustrated to be honest here!

I ordered a shiny new 500 1.2L in early August, which went in to production early September and made it in to the UK in late September, clearing customs at speed. Since then my car has been sitting at Portbury docks, not moving. The dealer says that it is awaiting Fiat's transporter company to bring it to London, so they can get it ready for me to collect. So that's been two weeks and counting.

The dealer is saying they can do nothing, and just have to wait for it to turn up. I opened a case on Friday with Fiat's customer relations team, but they have yet to get back to me.

Worse, is the fact that the car has been registered on the 30th September, clearly to meet the dealer's targets for the month. So, my warranty is ticking, I have the V5C and tax disc in my hand, but no car.

Any advice? Is this normal? I'll be honest, this is ruining my experience of buying a new car completely.

Hah, I think posting here must have done something. Dealer just got off the phone, they have the car! Collecting 5pm on Wednesday :) Not quite sure how Fiat don't know where it is though...

Back