Technical My car is not selecting gear

Currently reading:
Technical My car is not selecting gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modupe

please I need advice on what to do my Fiat panda is jumping gear. Once I start the car and put it in gear it starts from gear 2 and jump to 4 while omitting 1&3 and some times it will start from gear 1 when I start the car but jump along the way. It is a semi-automatic and 2007 model Any advice and possible solution is highly welcome
Thank you

please I need advice on what to do my Fiat panda is jumping gear. Once I start the car and put it in gear it starts from gear 2 and jump to 4 while omitting 1&3 and some times it will start from gear 1 when I start the car but jump along the way. It is a semi-automatic and 2007 model Any advice and possible solution is highly welcome
Thank you

Hi,🙂

when was the gearbox system last serviced?

It's a complex system

If a complete oil change on the gearbox system using only the best quality officially recommended oil dont cure it then your in for a world of frustration and expense! read the duo-logic thread and ,make your own decisions but id sell it now while you still can!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest you sit somewhere calm and relaxing and read this thread.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your car is almost certainly beyond economic repair. Your best course of action is to buy another car. If you can get any money for yours in its present condition, regard it as a bonus.

It's lasted 17 years, so it's done better than many.

Last edited:
But...if you can get someone (e.g. with Multiecuscan software - see the register of people offering services on this forum) to read the fault codes for you, that would be a start. If you're saying the car is starting in gear, that may be a position sensor issue (possibly requiring replacement of a reasonably-accessible sensor) so it may be an easier fix than some.

That said on a car of this age it might be prudent to get the gearbox "robot" (actuator) overhauled (e.g. by CD Motors Staffordshire - see web/facebook) if you want to keep it for a while. They charge GBP600 once it is in their hands (i.e. removed). Only you will know if that is a price worth paying given your affection for the car!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back