Styling What tyres will i need....and a few other questions :P

Currently reading:
Styling What tyres will i need....and a few other questions :P

if your looking at adding a turbo it would be cheaper to buy a Tjet, as you would need to find the bits and bobs, turbo, manifolds, intercooler ect then declare those mods to insurance

Ive always liked wolfrace wheels for some reason so good choice.

0170.jpg

205/40's fit well on fiat wheels (y) i just cant touch any kerbs lol

Hi guys,

had an argument with a friend today as he said that having 17" wheels will make my car slower and increase my fuel consumption, i dont belive this is true as the wheels and tyres together are still gonna be the same overall size, but i may be wrong,

Also i dunno if i should save up and get some coil overs,

I lowered my corsa and my girlfriend hated it because it was so uncomfortable, i dont wanna lower it much, just a little to make a nice sized gap above the wheel :) im guessing the coilovers will still make it really bumpy? :p lol

And another thing is my insurance will increase with lowered suspension so i might not bother :p lol

will my insurance increase with changing my wheels, obviously my car already has standard alloys but will i have to inform them of different wheels and the different size? :)

And......:p i feel like im asking so many questions here :O lol

........will my insuarance increase with tinted windows and black roof :p

Fuel consumption and power will depend on the weight of the alloy, you could get a lightweight 17 inch alloy that is lighter than it's equivalent extra space in rubber, but it could also go the total opposite way round with a heavier alloy. It's all about the combined weight of the alloy and the tyre in both cases. If you wanted to be sure, you could do some simple calculations.

Modifications will depend on your insurer, you have to inform them of any changes to the car, but some will charge you a lot extra, some a little bit and some possibly even none. Best to ring them and find out.

With coilovers you will definitely be able to get it as low as you describe, but of course you will sacrifice ride quality, you will feel a lot more bumps, and they will feel more harsh as well. Sorry to hear that your girlfriend doesn't like it rough though (n)

Back