Technical urgent help!!! power loss in HGT

Currently reading:
Technical urgent help!!! power loss in HGT

nothing bad happened to the valves during the belt change, i know that 100%.

how can i be so sure? you did 26000 kms without a problem, so obviously the valves were fine after the belt change.

that doesnt mean they are fine now.

you recently did a compresison test, that tells you the valves are fine and the timing is correct, same as when the timing belt job was completed.

again hi to everyone,
how can I test the phase transformer solenoid valve whether is working or not ? is there a simple way of testing it ? any fuses or relays belong to phase transformer ? if it has where is the exact location in the car ?
regards

testing requires an oscilloscope to see if it switches at approx 3000rpm.

when faulty they usually make the engine sound like a diesel at startup, very rattly.

hi jug,
again me
I want to test the cable that is connected to the phase transformer with a socket and goes to the ECU. is it possible ? if so can I do it with a multimeter? during the testing is the car revs on idle or revs at 3000 rpm or more as you wrote ? I want to know whether the cable is snapped off or not?
again and again thanks for your advices
regards

if you only want to test the wiring you dont need the engine running, you can do continuity tests from the sensor connector to the ecu connector using a multimeter, this will tell you if any of the wires are snapped.

if you disconnect the sensor's connector, and hold it with the clip at the top, the elft pin goes to pin12 on the ecu connector, the centre pin goes to pin8 on the ecu connector and the right pin goes to an earth. do continuity tests on the 2 that go to ecu, and check the right pin has an earth.

then only way to test if there is a signal from the ecu at 3000rpm is with an oscilloscope.

hi jug,
which type oil is better for hgt gearbox ;
Castrol EPX 80W-90
Castrol Hypoy EP 90
Castrol EPX 90
OR something apart from these
again thanks for replies :worship:

use the epx 80w90,

hypoy ep90 is for spiral bevel differentials

epx90 would be ok, but in winter the 80w90 gives smother changes when cold, so i would use that.

hi mates,
it is fixed now.and the problem is the sound proofing on my bonnet is sagging and blocking the air intake.
I checked it after the Sultan's useful post about the sound proofing and engine destruction. so I cut it as described in the post.
now it is 100kw :slayer:and really pulls very well
and many thanks for all replying to my post
cheers

OMG... you are a lucky man... I know people with JTD have broke the turbo with this problem!
Here are some advice, all things i have done on JTD105 before, and on my HGT now...
-Take off the sound proofing. The 20v needs to cool down also in winter... and the sound won't became too much loud
-Take off the resonator attached on the "T" near the throttle body.
-More important, take off the plastic intake over the radiator, the rubber pipe and the curve before the airbox (simply open the airbox and bend the curve hooks to remove it). With this junk removed you have an intake "mouth" approx 4 times wider than the stock one (simply RIDICOULUS for the air needs of the 20v!!!) and an aggressive sound, but not too loud.

Here is my car with these mods...

And some accelerations...

Back