Tuning turbo conversion

Currently reading:
Tuning turbo conversion

bones101

Hi people im new to the forums and wanted a bit of help on a upcoming project, ive searched the forums and all ive seen is about adding a turbo.

I have 2 puntos at home 1 is a mk1 1.4 sport and another is a mk3 i was looking at putting the mk1 1.4 gt turbo engine into 1 of them, i looked about a few weeks ago when i first had the idea and i found infromation that the engine could go into the mk3 but all the wiring loom and electrics would need to be changed, to much hassle by the sound of it.

So im looking at the mk1 1.4 sport if the mk3 is to hard, im guessing that the engine mounts on the gt engine are the same as the sport and all the usuall bits like brakes susspenion etc etc are the same seeing as its the same car just different engine with a bit more power am i right on thinking this or isit still the same as any other conversion, the only other conversion ive done is a 1.6 golf into a 1.8 turbo where we changed everything.

Any advice on this would be great as i would like to start sorcing a engine and parts for this project soon.

Cheers guys help a neewbie out.

Back