Technical Fiat Punto 85 16V ELX 98 -> Fiat Punto 75 ELX 96

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto 85 16V ELX 98 -> Fiat Punto 75 ELX 96

Zicortin

Hello Fiatistas, good morning,

I apologize in advance if the opening of this post is not in the right category ;)

I had a MK1 Punto 85 16v ELX from 98' which unfortunately made its last contribution to the roads (engine) and I have a MK1 Punto 75 ELX 96' which I have a large personal affection and is running normally

I would like to know if I could convert some of the amenities from MK1 85 to MK1 75:

-Power steering;
-Air conditioning;
-Adjustment of front headlights;
-Multifunction steering wheel, as the original radio 85
-The electric lifters for the front windows, those on the 75 are already on their last legs

My question is, is it just a screw on or do I have to change something in the engine bay/control unit in order to have a 75 ELX with the amenities of the 85?

Thank you in advance for your help and clarification :)

PS - Fiatistas is wat we call affectionally to those who own a Fiat in Portugal

Last edited:
Hello Fiatistas, good morning,

I apologize in advance if the opening of this post is not in the right category ;)

I had a MK1 Punto 85 16v ELX from 98' which unfortunately made its last contribution to the roads (engine) and I have a MK1 Punto 75 ELX 96' which I have a large personal affection and is running normally

I would like to know if I could convert some of the amenities from MK1 85 to MK1 75:

-Power steering;
-Air conditioning;
-Adjustment of front headlights;
-Multifunction steering wheel, as the original radio 85
-The electric lifters for the front windows, those on the 75 are already on their last legs

My question is, is it just a screw on or do I have to change something in the engine bay/control unit in order to have a 75 ELX with the amenities of the 85?

Thank you in advance for your help and clarification :)

PS - Fiatistas is wat we call affectionally to those who own a Fiat in Portugal
As you have a donor car to take everything from and transfer it over to another car, in theory you should be able to do everything you want, it’s just a matter of time and patience.

That being said if you have a full aircon system from you 85elx and you realise just how difficult transferring aircon from one car to another is, then I would be happy to give that aircon system a new home in my 85 elx cabrio… and that’s a serious offer, as 1. It is extremely hard work to move aircon from one car to another, I know I’ve done it before: and 2. I really would like to add aircon to my cabrio.

Back