Technical Punto GT Turbo + Compressor + 4x4 + Rallye Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Punto GT Turbo + Compressor + 4x4 + Rallye Suspension

I would like to get my Punto GT ready for Rallye Sports. My 1.4 engine produces almost 230hp.
In the past I didnt try anti-lag which might be the simplier solution to get rid of the turbo-lag but I am interested in adding an additional compressor.
Did somebody do that modification already?

Another question is the 4x4 modification. I know that it is possible to put in the whole gearbox of a Delta Integrale but those are hard to find these days.
Does someone know if there are other options to get to 4x4 in a Punto GT?

At the time the car has a D2 Street Coilover suspension which I would like to upgrade. D2 also has an option in its programm to get a Rallye Setup but due to the heavy conditions of a rally I would probably like put in something more professional. I know Intrax Suspensions is a known manufacturer for professional suspensions. Does someone know other companys?

If you have questions just ask and i would be glad if somebody can help me out.

Attachments

• 1.4t+volumex.jpg
    1.4t+volumex.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 59
  • f83431088.jpg
    f83431088.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 36
  • f83433720.jpg
    f83433720.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 37
  • f83714184.jpg
    f83714184.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 4-Weg.jpg
    4-Weg.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 34
Another question is the 4x4 modification. I know that it is possible to put in the whole gearbox of a Delta Integrale but those are hard to find these days.
Does someone know if there are other options to get to 4x4 in a Punto GT?
as far as I was aware the one off punto 4x4 that was built was basically a Lancia delta floor with a punto body grafted on, it used the Lancia engine gearbox and running gear.

Theoretically the panda 4x4 gearbox could fit the 8v engine of the punto gt but would never cope with 230hp, nor would you find a clutch for the panda gearbox capable of handling that power. But assuming you fitted the gearbox of a 4x4 anything, then the main issue would be at the back of the car with the punto mk1 using a rear subframe, and having a fuel tank in the way of where you’d need to put a rear differential. Out from that the rear wheels are on trailing arms with stub axles so no way of installing any sort of rear drive shafts from the diff out to the wheels.
The panda 4x4 doesn’t use a rear subframe and therefore you couldn’t bolt parts on.

The Lancia delta shared the same platform as the fiat tipo and coupe, but not the punto.

Basically to do what you are proposing requires a very costly custom job, redesigning the rear end of the punto and probably the front end too.

If you look at pictures of the 4x4 punto you’ll notice the track is much wider because the lancia was a much wider car

I should add the pictures you’ve posted showing the rear diff shows a lot of changes with what looks like the suspension from another car, with mounts welded to the body of the car, a custom cross brace and no fuel tank under the car presumably there is a fuel cell in the boot

as far as I was aware the one off punto 4x4 that was built was basically a Lancia delta floor with a punto body grafted on, it used the Lancia engine gearbox and running gear.

Theoretically the panda 4x4 gearbox could fit the 8v engine of the punto gt but would never cope with 230hp, nor would you find a clutch for the panda gearbox capable of handling that power. But assuming you fitted the gearbox of a 4x4 anything, then the main issue would be at the back of the car with the punto mk1 using a rear subframe, and having a fuel tank in the way of where you’d need to put a rear differential. Out from that the rear wheels are on trailing arms with stub axles so no way of installing any sort of rear drive shafts from the diff out to the wheels.
The panda 4x4 doesn’t use a rear subframe and therefore you couldn’t bolt parts on.

The Lancia delta shared the same platform as the fiat tipo and coupe, but not the punto.

Basically to do what you are proposing requires a very costly custom job, redesigning the rear end of the punto and probably the front end too.

If you look at pictures of the 4x4 punto you’ll notice the track is much wider because the lancia was a much wider car

I should add the pictures you’ve posted showing the rear diff shows a lot of changes with what looks like the suspension from another car, with mounts welded to the body of the car, a custom cross brace and no fuel tank under the car presumably there is a fuel cell in the boot
Thank you for your detailed answer.

I was aware that the Panda gearbox isnt the solution to get the power on the streets. Years ago I found a Coupe 16VT AWD but since I know now that they all are based on the Integrale and also use the AWD from it and that there is really no other car or car brand AWD that would fit, it make sense that there so few AWD Puntos out there.

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I was aware that the Panda gearbox isnt the solution to get the power on the streets. Years ago I found a Coupe 16VT AWD but since I know now that they all are based on the Integrale and also use the AWD from it and that there is really no other car or car brand AWD that would fit, it make sense that there so few AWD Puntos out there.
I’ve seen some weird combination of parts used on cars in the past, I used to work with a guy who rallied a peugeot 205 GTI which had the running gear off a Sierra cosworth that had been custom built from the ground up, back when you could buy a Sierra cosworth for about £5k

Back