Technical Trouble Starting

Currently reading:
Technical Trouble Starting

I've got a 1.2 Sport arriving in December, do you think it will need the software update also? Or will it have the latest version anyway? (y)
I shouldn't think it'll be a problem for you. If it's difficult to start, take it in, otherwise it should be fine.

As I said before I got my car in July and haven't had problems. This update is a very old update.

Ok. Got it back today. 1st Service and I'm £175 lighter!

They could not find a fault with the car. :confused: The diagnostics showed no faults, they even drove the car with the equipment connected (they covered nearly 12 miles on the road test) and no fault found. Car was left with them overnight, but the cold start this morning gave no problems. Typical, it did start behaving itself just after I booked it in, so maybe a contaminate in the fuel or something?

If it's working, then I'm happy. But they have asked me to come straight back in if it starts mis-behaving again. I asked about a software update, and they said that my car is all up to date but they did mention they will be checking with Fiat Technical to see if they have been issues (I did mention that they should check out this forum!)

They did fix the squeaking passenger seat which was starting to drive me mad. And they cleaned it as well! :eek:

Pete

Hi everyone

I read this post with interest, especially as I'm now into my second Fiat 500 1.2 and even after twelve months of production my second 500 has started with this dreaded awful starting.

My first 500 started playing up after I had the flashing mileage problem and it always seemed to fail to start not when cold but when damp, and damp rather than wet.

So, sure enough as the mornings have turned foggy and the afternoons drizzly my 1 month old, 600 mile 500C has started to cough and splutter into action, often failing to start first time. My 500 hatch seemed to fix itself after a software update at the dealers - so can this 2009 500C still have a software problem?

I'm taking it back to the dealer next week to have it checked over, who knows it may be something completely different this time, just seems strange that the same weather conditions have prompted this 500 to behave just as temperamentally :bang:

Steve

Let us know of the result Steve.. I picked up my 500c 2 weeks ago and I have noticed too that it fails to start on the first attempt when cold!

Ok. Got it back today. 1st Service and I'm £175 lighter!

They could not find a fault with the car. :confused: The diagnostics showed no faults, they even drove the car with the equipment connected (they covered nearly 12 miles on the road test) and no fault found. Car was left with them overnight, but the cold start this morning gave no problems. Typical, it did start behaving itself just after I booked it in, so maybe a contaminate in the fuel or something?

If it's working, then I'm happy. But they have asked me to come straight back in if it starts mis-behaving again. I asked about a software update, and they said that my car is all up to date but they did mention they will be checking with Fiat Technical to see if they have been issues (I did mention that they should check out this forum!)

They did fix the squeaking passenger seat which was starting to drive me mad. And they cleaned it as well! :eek:

Pete

Hello, what was the £175 for?

:confused:

Hi everyone

I read this post with interest, especially as I'm now into my second Fiat 500 1.2 and even after twelve months of production my second 500 has started with this dreaded awful starting.

My first 500 started playing up after I had the flashing mileage problem and it always seemed to fail to start not when cold but when damp, and damp rather than wet.

So, sure enough as the mornings have turned foggy and the afternoons drizzly my 1 month old, 600 mile 500C has started to cough and splutter into action, often failing to start first time. My 500 hatch seemed to fix itself after a software update at the dealers - so can this 2009 500C still have a software problem?

I'm taking it back to the dealer next week to have it checked over, who knows it may be something completely different this time, just seems strange that the same weather conditions have prompted this 500 to behave just as temperamentally :bang:

Steve

I am having the same problem. Very frustrating because they just don't know what to do to fix it. I have had it I. 4 times and just got it back Friday from the shop fixed.... Not. This morning "cold n wet" outside, it wouldn't start first time. I am ready to give up and turn mine in. Good luck.

Hi, and welcome to FF :)

could you give us more info. on YOUR car..,

as the post you've quoted to is @ 5 years old.. is you car of THAT generation - or a LOT newer..??:confused:

there have been issues of the main engine EARTH / GROUND lead/cable breaking down over YEARS of use..,:idea:

Charlie

Back