General Thinking of a 2012 Panda...

Currently reading:
General Thinking of a 2012 Panda...

Well my Slovenian friend buy the Panda, because you now have a 1 500 euro discount.. I paid my 1.2 easy with extra techno pack (blue&me) 10 400 euro, and i don`t get ESP as standard!!! :bang: and the sadest thing is that your dealer and mine are the same: Autocommerce. And i get 2 years of waranty.

I just configured the same car i got, and in Slovenia it would cost 9 311 euro. If i would put ESP to my car that is 300 euro more.That is a difference of 1 389 euros just because i live 22 km farther from the border. :bang:(n)

Is there a reason that you can't buy in Slovenia registered on temporary plates then register it in your own country?

I once did this with a car bought in the Netherlands.

Yes because of taxes, we have an import tax that you pay on the price of the vehicle. But when you compare vehicle prices you get that an average car is about 7-8% more expensive in Croatia than in Slovenia, but when you compare Fiat cars you get that they are about 14-15% more expensive. **** my life, right?

Well my Slovenian friend buy the Panda, because you now have a 1 500 euro discount.. I paid my 1.2 easy with extra techno pack (blue&me) 10 400 euro, and i don`t get ESP as standard!!! :bang: and the sadest thing is that your dealer and mine are the same: Autocommerce. And i get 2 years of waranty.

I just configured the same car i got, and in Slovenia it would cost 9 311 euro. If i would put ESP to my car that is 300 euro more.That is a difference of 1 389 euros just because i live 22 km farther from the border. :bang:(n)
Yeah, I know about discount. They offered me 1700 EUR off my lounge model.

I have an offer for mediterranean blue lounge panda with techno pack, full flex pack, leather pack, and dark tinted glass for round 10500 EUR. That is round 8400 pounds. Pretty good price if you ask me.
thumb.gif

Strange thing about ESP. It is standard in all packs here even with pop but there is no tom tom live unit with techno pack. You have to order it as a part of Fiat accesories for 350 EUR. Also automatic climate is standard in lounge trim.

The tom tom live unit is a 400euro extra also here. And as for the lounge trim, no you dont get automatic climate. The prices are rediculous. Example: 1.3 mjt easy is 13 200 euro.

You could do worse, try buying in the UK.
That mediterranean blue lounge panda specced the same way with those options would come to £11,785. That's without leather as we can't even have that as an option(say another £800 for that) so £12585 would be 15,600 euros :eek:

Leather option is actually cheap as this is not full leather set just gear shift and steering wheel. 110 EUR if I remember correctly.

went looking at a pop at the weekend and the mrs liked it, it had cd player, central locking and leccy windows but it didnt have a remote key fob, just a pair of door keys. Nearly bought it too, got them down to £6k cash and the 306, however we wasnt quite ready and i want her to look at a couple of other cars first, plus im waiting until either just before or just after xmas.

the other cars we are going to have a look at are suzuki swifts and splash

went looking at a pop at the weekend and the mrs liked it, it had cd player, central locking and leccy windows but it didnt have a remote key fob, just a pair of door keys. Nearly bought it too, got them down to £6k cash and the 306, however we wasnt quite ready and i want her to look at a couple of other cars first, plus im waiting until either just before or just after xmas.

the other cars we are going to have a look at are suzuki swifts and splash

Well good luck with the search. Never driven either of the Suzukis so can't comment on them, hopefully they drive as well as the Panda.

Quite agree on your comment about not having remote central locking, it's pretty stingy if you ask me. Why Fiat think it's acceptable to design a new car in 2012 without it is beyond me, talk about penny-pinching!

I've driven the new Swift and it is a brilliant car. The only real downside is the very small boot and, for me, the relatively low height. But even this isn't too awful when you consider the overall quality of the car.

A friend bought the Splash (automatic) and he loves it - lovely and high and easy to access. The only problem he found was its inability to pull on a long hill and the noise at speed. I can believe this because I had a Suzuki once and the noise impact when cruising fast from the raucous engine was nasty. Still, not many people drive to the South of France flat out and heavily laden like my friend, I suppose.

Suzuki was doing a great zero vat deal too.

Last edited:
I didnt see that new sandero, but old version, and logan and duster, that cars are just bad. But you put your money where you think its the best. I will never buy Dacia for sure.

Bad seats, bad road noise isolation (dont know how to say correct), bad suspension... Bad dashboard plastic, design... Dacia is cheap. And for that price its ok car. But cant compare with some recent car.

Well the commentators here say the seats are very comfortable, as is the ride, and they note the near Clio (new Clio) quietness of the car.
Plus, it has modern Renault engines and the a new touch-screen control/sat-nav panel.

Certainly it uses old Renault bits, like door handles, interior plastics for the loud speaker units and many other bits too, but so what, a newly designed door handle and speaker box isn't going to rock my boat, or anyone elses I'll bet, and the plastics are no worse than in a Fiat. The Duster I looked at quite impressed me, and I found the seats unusually comfortable. If they are anything like the seats in a friend's twelve year old Clio I'll be very happy indeed.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the old model Sandero?

Last edited:
I am thinkin on older version Sandero. I write before that I didnt see this new one. But why sohuld anybody buy new Clio if dacia is so good? Then renault is mad! But be sure, they know what they doing. And there are reasons for Dacia cheap price.

The new Clio is very pretty and full of techno bling, and bright shiny newness appeals to people. You might be surprised at how easy it is to sell car bling here in Britain, even if the mass of people on the street suggest the opposite. Many people are very insecure and what they are seen driving matters a lot to them.

The Dacias are being sold as cheap cars, or rather 'affordable', which means cheap here.

The new Sandero certainly does badly in the South American NCAP test, notwithstanding the fact that it doesn't have airbags fitted, but Renault is aware that Europeans are not getting any richer and in order to move metal they are bringing in cheaper cars. Renault in Britain has alredy killed the big Renaults, and the Scenics and Kangoo, and these will doubtless be replaced by the whole Dacia range which replicates them more cheaply and is gradually being introduced here. Sales profits may be a bit less, but the real profits are made in the service departments anyway, so perhaps Renault isn't so stupid after all?

I said if Dacia is good as Clio then renault is stupid. But we all know its not. Dacia is for people who dont expect much from car. From A to B. I expect more. I like cars. So Dacia its not for me.

Back