Technical Thermostat Housing Problem!

Currently reading:
Technical Thermostat Housing Problem!

jaydee88

Thermostat Housing Problem! 100HP!

Hi guys,
I've had a look at other threads but couldn't find one with this problem in it, sorry if i have duplicated!
Just had to have the AA out as my coolant had leaked and my 100hp overheated and the hose has popped out of the thermostat housing (?i think?)
He said he couldn't even do a quick fix because the thermostat housing was broken, the hose had snapped off.
Is this something I could fix myself?
and could someone send me in the right direction for the part I need?
He said it just needs a new housing so the hose will clip back on, he said the aluminium on the pipe had snapped and there was nothing to botch it back onto.
Or is this something I need to take to a garage?
I've looked at online shops etc to find the housing but I can't even find anything referring to a thermostat housing, just the thermostats so I'm unsure if we need a new thermostat!
I'm located in Sheffield if that helps!

Thankyou very much for your help =)

Jess
xxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I've had a look at other threads but couldn't find one with this problem in it, sorry if i have duplicated!
Just had to have the AA out as my coolant had leaked and my 100hp overheated and the hose has popped out of the thermostat housing (?i think?)
He said he couldn't even do a quick fix because the thermostat housing was broken, the hose had snapped off.
He said it just needs a new housing so the hose will clip back on, he said the aluminium on the pipe had snapped and there was nothing to botch it back onto.
I've looked at online shops etc to find the housing but I can't even find anything referring to a thermostat housing, just the thermostats so I'm unsure if we need a new thermostat!

Jess
xxxxxx

If its the same as my 1.2 which I think it is it uses a combined thermostat and housing. Its not like older cars where only the element could be replaced. Everywhere you see this it'll still be called thermostat. Still its only about 30 pounds if that so its not a big thing. Hope your panda is OK and back on the road soon!

Re: Thermostat Housing Problem! 100HP!

Hi guys,

Jess
xxxxxx
Hi, :)

this will be the kind of thing you need;http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8846-FIAT...Model:Panda|Cars+Type:1.4&hash=item2a4cc769af

BUT make sure it's the correct one for your car,
the actual thermostat is a captive part, so you need to change the complete assembly.. BUT should be less than £40,

as stated getting all the airlocks out of the system , and keeping an eye on the level is Crucial..!!, ;)
Charlie

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back