Technical ECU problem

Currently reading:
Technical ECU problem

clarkey555

Hi all I’m just wondering if anyone from the north east of England can help me as I need a local mechanic to check the wiring loom/ecu connection as I believe after much research the issue is there or thereabouts.
Thanks and much appreciate any help or advice. 😎

Car engine warning light on with code 0202 injector cylinder 2 I have had new injector fitted but still engine light coming on. Car judders and misfiring

FUEL INJECTOR 2 CIRCUIT OPEN

you need to checked the continuity of the circuit

easy to do with a meter

or get an auto electrician but I don't know of any in the north east

Thanks Koalar I will indeed seek out an auto electrician hopefully one who has a good understanding of this issue. Anyone know of any decent sparkies in the north east area maybe someone with a bit know how who can help. I would have a go myself but don’t have any tools and would probably make it worse 😩. Thanks 🙏

There is a problem seen on some 1.1 Pandas involving the ECU wiring. It is related to insufficient support for the wiring as it leaves the ECU.
One fix which has worked for some is to support the wiring bundles in some way, without disturbing them. (Not sure this is actually a fix, rather more of a temporary get-round, but apparently it can last for years).
On the ones I have seen, there is a break in one of the wires, which causes intermittent contact, leading to a misfire and MIL on dash.
Quite easy to locate, and make a good repair, as long as you have some basic DIY electrical skills. If not, an auto electrician should be able to fix it in minutes, especially if pointed to the ECU looms as the likely culprit.
I've got one with these symptoms coming in next week, so hopefully I can put some pictures up showing the problem.

Brilliant irc that would be great to have some photos for people like me. I will point that out to the auto electrician about the loom/harness. I would concur with what you said ie this is an intermittent fault with no problems at all and then a few days or weeks later engine light back on juddering misfires. I am going 100% with a faulty connection in the ecu loom / harness. Thanks bud for the advice I will keep the forum updated with any updates/changes 😎

Back