The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

Currently reading:
The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

MEP - im a little confused
Take it thats your driving - why didnt you pull in?

That looks like you were just pushing your luck and still had to pull in....>

Unless im missing something here - if so please tell me

Ziggy

I was overtaking, and planning to over take the caravan and the car in front of it (have to plan things in a <30hp Classic Panda, Peugeot decides to pull out from lay-by, without signalling / indicating.

Obviously didn't look or else you'd be stupid to try and pull out head-on to someone overtaking.

I saw his headlights sitting in the lay by before even starting the manoeuvre though (can't on the camera due to position) and had a feeling it would happen, so was already expecting to have to pull in behind the car I did (the idiot doing 40 holding everyone up).

I was overtaking, and planning to over take the caravan and the car in front of it (have to plan things in a <30hp Classic Panda, Peugeot decides to pull out from lay-by, without signalling / indicating.

Obviously didn't look or else you'd be stupid to try and pull out head-on to someone overtaking.

I saw his headlights sitting in the lay by before even starting the manoeuvre though (can't on the camera due to position) and had a feeling it would happen, so was already expecting to have to pull in behind the car I did (the idiot doing 40 holding everyone up).

ah right - i see where he came from, i saw lights and thought he was already traveling on the road

Unfortunatly i do think they'd slam you with the book, but i can see what you mean look whats ahead as well as whats behind for the layby puller

Ziggy

Unfortunatly i do think they'd slam you with the book

50/50, he passed a warning line (don't think it's a give way line, just checked the highway code) without checking it was clear to proceed.

Not really to different to turning left out of a junction (give way lines) and only looking to the right and hitting someone head on.

50/50, he passed a warning line (don't think it's a give way line, just checked the highway code) without checking it was clear to proceed.

Not really to different to turning left out of a junction (give way lines) and only looking to the right and hitting someone head on.

You was on his side of the road.... Me thinks it would go down as your fault bit like if you overtook at a junction and a car pulled out turning left :shrug: but yes msm

Last edited:
Any copper watching that footage should do you for dangerous driving. That was just irrisponsible no matter who was originally in the wrong. This was you trying to prove a point and using the camera to do it by forcing the other driver to take evasive action. Thats not the way the camera, or your car, should be used. No matter which way you look at it, regardless of whether he looked or was on the phone you were on the wrong side of the road knowing there was a hazard coming up. All it would have taken would have been him doing the same, instead of swerving and it could have been a hospital trip for the pair of you if not the morgue, and more importantly one less Panda on the road.

Any copper watching that footage should do you for dangerous driving. That was just irrisponsible no matter who was originally in the wrong. This was you trying to prove a point and using the camera to do it by forcing the other driver to take evasive action. Thats not the way the camera, or your car, should be used. No matter which way you look at it, regardless of whether he looked or was on the phone you were on the wrong side of the road knowing there was a hazard coming up. All it would have taken would have been him doing the same, instead of swerving and it could have been a hospital trip for the pair of you if not the morgue, and more importantly one less Panda on the road.

This my on the phone one?

He sailed through a passing point. Where should I have gone :confused:

I wasn't to know he wasn't going to stop when I passed the previous passing point 400 meters back up the road.

This thread just seems to be about angry nitpicking drivers looking for fights, :(
So people change lanes, or use the wrong lane, some people have never drove in that place before, and driving in strange territory whilst trying to take in the road signs can be a lot to take in if you've never ever drove there before :shrug:

Far too much aggression on the road, I pulled onto a roundabout with a women approaching faster to my right then i expected, i was committed she hit her horn for ages and flagged me, with two toddlers in the rear, just no need.

This thread just seems to be about angry nitpicking drivers looking for fights, :(
So people change lanes, or use the wrong lane, some people have never drove in that place before, and driving in strange territory whilst trying to take in the road signs can be a lot to take in if you've never ever drove there before :shrug:

Far too much aggression on the road, I pulled onto a roundabout with a women approaching faster to my right then i expected, i was committed she hit her horn for ages and flagged me, with two toddlers in the rear, just no need.

IF you were driving in a strange place, you wouldn't be teararsing around or cutting people up etc.
Any normal, sane, sensible person would be driving slower than the limit to get their bearings then keep to the limits.
Again, in the wrong lane - you wouldn't zoom past like a looney & cut in at the last second - you would be slowing up, indicating & hoping that your 'little boy lost' look will get folks to let you in.

And (a pet hate) - when you're lost - why the F... do people simply stop in the middle of the road & hold everyone up whilst they look at a map FFS ?
Most road signs are huge - designed to be read from a distance - you see one ahead, pull over in plenty of time to get out of the way, stop & get your bearings. Majority of towns are riddled with roundabouts etc - so even if you do go wrong, there's always going to be plenty of chances to turn round or turn off.

Some of these videos seem to be more about getting situations filmed on dash cams.
Situations that would be better avoided in the first place rather than proving a point.
The one with the old biddy on the motorway is different though. That is terrifying.

Back