General The car in the garage is....

Currently reading:
General The car in the garage is....

My other car's a Morris Minor. As fun to drive as the 500 but don't get the time to drive either much at the moment due to work commitments. :(

aaah Morris Minor - my mum used to have one of those, I love them (y)

I remember when she used to take us to school though n when it was cold had to use the starter handle................embarrassing at the time as our friends were all looking lol :D

btw the other car is a white Evo 6 Tommi Mackinen - I only put this on here as I know the other half will read this at some point and comment lol - hi buns ;)

Last edited:
The other car is a Fiat Doblo Family 7 Seater, 1.3 Mjet. Cheap reliable and kid proof vehicle that's giving an average of 50mpg.

Also in the garage I have a Honda '96 VFR750 waiting patiently for Spring to arrive. Fair weather rider me!

Pete

aaah Morris Minor - my mum used to have one of those, I love them (y)

I remember when she used to take us to school though n when it was cold had to use the starter handle................embarrassing at the time as our friends were all looking lol :D

btw the other car is a white Evo 6 Tommi Mackinen - I only put this on here as I know the other half will read this at some point and comment lol - hi buns ;)

See, he's said I've spelt it wrong - should be Makinen lol :D

I have two Vespas, a 2002 PX200 bought new, a GTV250 bought in the summer and a Yamaha XJR 1300... all of which get regular use:) In fact the PX200 is my daily transport now the 500 is in repair shop, Im enjoying it but boy its cold!

My wife drives our 500 most of the time but I use it in the evening or the days she doesn't work. Our main "family car" is a 57 plate Scenic (for the dogs/kid/bike rack) but my daily ride is usually a Trek 1200 with Shimano Tiagra groupset, upgraded 105 wheel set, pannier rack and my quite short legs powering it!

No room in my garage for anything with wheels on it - except a pushchair of course!

On the drive, however, is Mrs. T's 58 500 1.2 Lounge next to my 07 Volkswagen Touran 1.9 SE TDi.

Clearly, the VW arrived first, having replaced my beloved 03 Beetle a couple of months before Tourandot Junior arrived; the 500, which replaced Mrs. T's Smart, was specced-up to match the Touran in black with dark rear tints and rear parking sensors - sadly Fiat don't offer heated front seats.

I use the 'Ran daily to drive to work and back and Mrs. T and Junior use the 500 when they need it, but I seem to be offered it for my commute when the tank is less than a quarter full and the fuel light is on (strange that...!).

At weekends, it depends on the trip - shopping is in the 'Ran because the boot takes shed loads of bags and a pram, but we'll often take the 500 because Mrs. T can plug her Walkman in and control the music.

'Ran is shortly to gain an iPod connector!

T

500 is my daily driver and occasional track toy

Madam drives a series 1 mx-5 and lets me play with it from time to time

The garage is currently stuffed full of a Cinq sporting and shiny new 1.4 Grande Punto engine and 6 speed which will be combined shortly into a frighteningly quick track toy.

And the racing bug has bitten so there may be an MR2 joining the fold shortly. Which would of course mean that we'll need a tow vehicle. I've always quite fancied a defender :)

Oooh, what sort of MR2? Mk1:)?

Indeed! So far it appears to be the absolute cheapest way to go racing in the UK. The vague plan is to acquire the car, do some more track days in said car with a lot of one on one tuition and then do my ards test mid year with a view to competing in a few races this year before mounting an all out challenge on next years season.

Also I had a weekend in a series 1 mr2 when I was 17 and I've always had a soft spot for them :)

I'm unfamiliar with this 'too many cars' problem? How many does one consider too many? :D

No other cars in garage as it is full of italian motorcycles (5, including my wife's 750). Not been tempted to play with them since cinqui arrived 10 days ago...but come the spring........ Incidentally - £66 per year for each bike I tax and higher overall running costs too...hmmm

Back