General The earth wire problem

Currently reading:
General The earth wire problem

Just me22

I just thought I would come on here and give some one advice if there fiat 500 say fuel cut off
I drove home from work and as I park up my car would not start so I call the AA out and they advice me the earth wire was worn and they can replace it for the charge of the the wire which was 10.00 and they fit it for free .
So I want d to give information on this if anyone wanted support on it and it not costing a great deal, and save you taking it to your local mechanic . Hope this helps someone

Its in the table of top three things to check when you get a new(to you at least) 500or panda!
Let me guess; earth strap, hatch wiring and...?

Mine is over ten years old now and the earth strap has never been replaced. I presume it's the same on Twinair's as on other cars. I might ask my mechanic to look at it on the next service but, due to the climate, it's likely OK. 🙃

Last edited:

Mine is over ten year's old now and the earth strap has never been replaced. I presume it's the same on Twinair's as on other cars. I might ask my mechanic to look at it on the next service but, due to the climate, it's likely OK.
Wet and salt on the unprotected cable here kills it not an issue where you are?

Mine is over ten year's old now and the earth strap has never been replaced. I presume it's the same on Twinair's as on other cars. I might ask my mechanic to look at it on the next service but, due to the climate, it's likely OK.
IMO thermostat plastic pipe!( but mine failed so i would say that!)

Back