General Stilo count in Sicily

Currently reading:
General Stilo count in Sicily

Just spent two weeks driving around Sicily, including Palermo, Syracuse and most of the autostradas. Sad to say I only saw 3 final spec Stilos in all that time: Two 5 door saloons and one multiwagon. Earlier versions were scarce, mostly 5 door saloons and multiwagons. 3 door saloons extremely rare. New Bravo seems to be selling a bit better but colours are dim, mostly variations on metallic mud. Grande Punto rules in Sicily at least. The conclusion has to be that the Stilo was a (undeserved) disaster in the home market. I don't understand why, because my two year old final spec 5 door 1.4 has been totally reliable and a pleasure to drive.

You get the ferry or was this in a hire car?

Did you notice almost every car has a dent of some description (including 'status' cars). I got the impression nobody bothers to get minor bumps fixed.

Mind you, did get the (y) from fellow drivers when going down a one-way street the wrong way - but also got the horn when stopping on an amber light :D

That might explain it :chin:

Hire car: Lancia Ypsilon which I think is a tarted up Panda. Still, it went well for a 1.2 8 valve. Yes, all cars had some marks on them and driving in Palermo was nigh on impossible - no lights or road markings at some junctions and cars parked everywhere, even on zebra crossings.

Back