Styling stilo badge/lettering

Currently reading:
Styling stilo badge/lettering

StiloShorty

i was wondering if anyone had any tips for removing the fiat badge and the stilo lettering from the back of the car with out damaging the paint work. cheers

Warm with a hair dryer and carfully lift with a plastic credit card and clean the surpluse adhisive of with a panel wipe or the like clean after with mild T cut (y)

all i used was a credit card to carefully prise up the letters and some auto glym intensive tar remover, which i got off ebay for a few quid, u'll also need elbow grease!(y)

as you can see on this pic, no trace of the old badges
Image071copy.jpg

Cotton!!!

Use cotton to cut the sticky pad, then use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get rid of the excess pads. Using a credit card could scratch the paint, then T-Cutting it will thin down the lacquer coating when it's not necessary!

Oh, and FcukMyFiat, get rid of those awful Reg Vardyesque number plates!! :p

don't think i saw the right comment here, so it might have been said already...
taking off the centenary badge is a right f*cker... well, it's easy, but it leave 2 x 10mm holes and a 75mm recess. leave it there and cover it up with an abarth badge or something

rroope said:
Cotton!!!

Use cotton to cut the sticky pad, then use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get rid of the excess pads. Using a credit card could scratch the paint, then T-Cutting it will thin down the lacquer coating when it's not necessary!

Oh, and FcukMyFiat, get rid of those awful Reg Vardyesque number plates!! :p

hmmm yeah, they're rank!

I used a wall paper steamer, took the steamer plate off and used the nozzle to work round the lettering, they just fell off, no prizing off needed.

rroope said:
Cotton!!!

And cotton is for flossing :nerner:

Decided to take my badge off as it was looking rather tatty.

Replaced it with this:

fiat_badge.jpg

Personally I think it gives it a slightly Alfa look

....but go easy guys - styling newbie here :D

Argonought said:
Decided to take my badge off as it was looking rather tatty.

Replaced it with this:

fiat_badge.jpg

Personally I think it gives it a slightly Alfa look

....but go easy guys - styling newbie here :D

Oh no no no no no take it off please debadge not rebadge and then add front grill front and rear spoilers 17" wheels or bigger :chin: oh and not to forget the tailgate spoiler front and rear light covers then we have a couple of clones :slayer:

wotnowarninglight said:
Hmmm... debadged me red one, except front grill, but must admit the shiny badges on me black JTD look kinda nice :eek:

Stop incouraging him I'm trying hard here to turn him to the dark side :devil:

Just a quick question - my Dynamic badge fell off, what do i stick it back on with, once i've got rid of the sticky mess underneath?? :confused:

Back